Newby here

New to the site, , have been driving class 2 for just over 2 years now, enjoy it ,and now wanting to join the big boys , so to speak.
Paid for bulk training in 2014 , drove class 2 then took my test for class 1 in august this year.
Bloody hell, trying to get into class1 one work for a new pass is nigh impossible.
So keeping the application’s rolling out , meanwhile truck net seems a good place to meet fellow professionals and like minded people for info and chats, .
thx for letting me on the site. :stuck_out_tongue:

They let any old riffraff on here pal, so don’t be that pleased! :laughing:

I think the key to getting onto the big toys is down to how you go about it. If you’ve no experience and the employer doesn’t know you from Adam, then you can’t necessarily blame them for not being overly enthusiastic on giving you a shot, as they haven’t a clue what sort of damage and carnage you might cause. So with that in mind, have you considered moving to a gig that runs both classes and first proving yourself in a Rigid? The gaffer will get to know whether they can trust you, and whether you’re worth moving up onto the big boys toys! :smiley:

Yes form I work for been there 12 months proved my worth, been saying they will asses me since August , no closer, keep getting pass the buck from one person to another, . Pay is crap but would have gotten some experience, so time to move on I think.

plugs:
Yes form I work for been there 12 months proved my worth, been saying they will asses me since August , no closer, keep getting pass the buck from one person to another, . Pay is crap but would have gotten some experience, so time to move on I think.

Maybe it is time to move on then, but I’m not sure this is the time of year to be doing it…

Best of luck pal! :smiley:

A company that runs both classes sounds like your best bet. When an artic driver rings in sick you could be their new best friend. As a new pass (self funded) I’ve proved myself on class 2 and they’d willingly pay for my class 1,but I’m not interested,cos everyone knows that real drivers get in places with a truck that doesn’t bend.(oh sorry that’s another thread :smiley: )