Newby 7.5 c1 driver

Hi folks, after much thought I have dipped my toe into the 7.5t driving opportunities locally. Imagine my surprise at being given a job after 5 days working for a agency. :smiley:

Please bear with me as I am a novice with regards to the regs re hours,so any advice welcome, but please make it simle (like me :slight_smile: )

That’s brilliant. Especially with 7.5 licence. Are you aware of the driver cpc requirements?

Good luck with it, fire away with your questions, and thanks for sharing the good news.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

As part of the initial interview I was asked/told about the cpc course. My new boss is paying for a week long course @ a local provider. Catch being iv got to stay with new job for 1yr, after which im free without cost.

Now just got to digest the 4.5hr driving,45min,4.5hr driving,45min+1hr driving if needed, then rest ruling. Is that right?

These might help:
gov.uk/government/uploads/s … orkers.pdf
gov.uk/drivers-hours/eu-rules
gov.uk/drivers-hours/gb-domestic-rules

You need to balance all three sets of regulations.

Clunk:
These might help:

Thanks Clunk, that’s made things clearer, but im lead to belive I need to carry 28 days record…is that 28days working or 28 calendar days including those I don’t work ie sat/sun?
I ask only because my instructor/trainer said theres no need as the digicard keeps all records and you have got my own truck which only you drive :question:

another1:

Clunk:
These might help:

Thanks Clunk, that’s made things clearer, but im lead to belive I need to carry 28 days record…is that 28days working or 28 calendar days including those I don’t work ie sat/sun?
I ask only because my instructor/trainer said theres no need as the digicard keeps all records and you have got my own truck which only you drive :question:

28 cal days

nick2008:

another1:

Clunk:
These might help:

28 cal days

Forgive me for being thick, but 28 calendar days means iv got to go too work on sat/sundays and print off a report from digi even though im not @ work, is that right?

no just that you’ve got to carry your digi tacho card with you at all times when driving or any analogue charts for the days you HAVE worked.

edit:
you dont have to take printouts from a digi at all unless you have made a error that needs a explanation like going over your hours.

qwakers:
no just that you’ve got to carry your digi tacho card with you at all times when driving or any analogue charts for the days you HAVE worked.

edit:
you dont have to take printouts from a digi at all unless you have made a error that needs a explanation like going over your hours.

I’de just add thats driving commercially, you don’t need to carry it driving your car to Tesco’s to do your shopping

Midnight Rambler:

qwakers:

edit:

I’de just add thats driving commercially, you don’t need to carry it driving your car to Tesco’s to do your shopping

You telling me I don’t get xtra points @ Tesco when I don’t show my digicard!! :laughing: :laughing:

I’m in a similar position, have just completed my first week with only a 7.5t licence, after four weeks on an agency. I was told keeping a diary was a good idea, note down what times and roughly where you had a break, that kind of thing. Extra paperwork but worth it, for the odd occasion, when you need it.