Newbies..friendly advice

if you’re on a run you havn’t been on before,ask the regular drivers,or office staff which is the preferred route.
one of our newbies came into the office yesterday,and presented them with a toll receipt for the Severn Bridge (he was going to our Newport store)…but we don’t use that route was the reply :laughing: all our drivers use the M50! one unhappy newbie.but i just followed my brand new sat-nav he wailed :unamused:

they have decided to pay him on this occasion,'tho it will take weeks for him to get his money back.but another newbie,since departed :astonished: decided to save up 4 Severn Crossing receipts,and didn’t get paid.

Many sat navs and route finders will try and guide you down the m6toll too!
I imagine that would be more unpaid reciepts.

we have toll-tags for the M6 and Humber Bridge :slight_smile:

The sat nav I have has an option to avoid tolls.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

My TT5150 always tries to send me down the M6 toll.

However, a combination of the mk1 eyeball and my incredibly powerful brain stop this fiendish plan from coming to fruition.

spacemanZ10:

Not if you have a keyfuels card…You can pay on that.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mine is set to ask me if I want to use the toll road of its on route,we can use the Liverpool tunnels but not the M6 Toll.

daftvader:

spacemanZ10:

I think if I paid on Keyfuels I wouldn’t be very popular :laughing:

wrighty1:

daftvader:

spacemanZ10:

I think if I paid on Keyfuels I wouldn’t be very popular [emoji38]

We have to ring in and get confirmation…It’s an option wich is handy though.

daftvader:

wrighty1:

daftvader:

spacemanZ10:

I think if I paid on Keyfuels I wouldn’t be very popular [emoji38]

We have to ring in and get confirmation…It’s an option wich is handy though.

Think the m6toll also takes allstar though I haven’t tried it yet.

Mine comes up with a warning when my route uses a toll road.

eagerbeaver:
My TT5150 always tries to send me down the M6 toll.

However, a combination of the mk1 eyeball and my incredibly powerful brain stop this fiendish plan from coming to fruition.

I think it’s something to do with a flaw in the way it routes around traffic problems. It will avoid the toll road when initially planning, but if the traffic situation changes while en route it cheerfully pipes up and offers a quicker option without mentioning the fact that it includes a toll road. I raised this as a support issue a while back and got a reply which effectively said “Sorry, but that’s the way it works…”

On the other hand, mine did once get some data corruption which resulted in all sorts of mismatches of weight limits etc. Fixed by deleting and re-downloading the map.

Sent using smoke and mirrors

I always employ the “Ok so which way would I go” system…

I used a satnav before there were even Truck satnavs available, remember when everyone used to say “they’ll never make truck specific ones as routing trucks wrongly would leave the satnav manufacturer liable to prosecution” days? :laughing:

Anyway I’d put the postcode into my trusty old TomTom Go 510 and then look at the route it offered up, then I’d get my truckers atlas out and say to myself… “Ok so which way would I go”…

If the two married up, then off I’d go…
If the TomTom route needed amending I’d get it to avoid this or that road, and then set off…
If the TomTom had found a better way than me then I’d say “Ok you win this time TomTom but technology will never take over the world, I’ve seen Terminator remember” and then set off…

There is one inherent fault with Satnavs, and that’s the [zb]ing lazy idiot using it!

Good on you for raising the issue with them Roymondo. I like complaining too, in fact I complained to Mrs B this morning about her poor judgement.

She simply looked me up and down and agreed…hate that woman.

I’ve used my keyfuels card on the M6 toll, only to be told that it actually works out more expensive, and to pay in cash in future. My satnav (Snooper) will only suggest I use it if I’m going somewhere like Tamworth, and I’ve accidentally left “allow toll roads” enabled. But if I was going down the M1 or M42, it wouldn’t suggest it ever.

In fact one time when I rang the office to get cleared to use the M6 toll (only one we have to get sanctioned) it was trying to get me to come off at pretty much every junction to get me there quicker.

One tip for any trampers with stingy bosses though, if you need secure parking, and are cutting it fine, pay for the services, and they give you a “use the toll free” pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk