Newbies - Dont give up looking for work

I have just completed my first week as a Vacuum Tanker driver emptying sewage (yum)

I passed my Class 1 + 2 license over 2 years ago , just as the Eastern Europeans enter the UK Drivers market.
I phoned several agencys here in Manchester but none would give me a start.(no experience)
So as i already had a full time job,i got disheartened and gradually got scared to drive a wagon again.

Last month i decided to go for broke and try to find myself a driving job,
and guess what i had three interviews and two job offers.

I picked this job (vacuum tanker) because the pay and hours are brill,i,m getting great training from the lads,
Driving with liquids can be a bit tricky.

After the first day at my job,i kicked myself for not having the courage to keep trying for driving work.

For newbies and unexperienced drivers,hang in there and keep looking for work.

starlocation:
I have just completed my first week as a Vacuum Tanker driver emptying sewage (yum)

Well done for sniffing out that job :exclamation: :wink: :wink:

Good advice.

I had several job offers after passing my c+e, though no experience. My current employer said it was my attitude that got me the chance and the fact I brushed up for the interview spoke volumes when other, more experienced candidates were turning up in jeans. That bit of effort got me a perm job with a professional co., plus a great pay rate. Luckily, my driving turned out to be good too so I was kept :smiley:

i agree ,
I dressed up well,had a serious but friendly attitude about the job,
and the manager said
“he liked my attitude and honesty and was willing to give me a go”
(on a 13 week trial lol :laughing: )

Just show a bit of intrest in the job interview and about their company
and dont keep blowing on about past jobs.