Newbies advice is it any good

robroy:
Just because I started a thread on newbie advice does not prevent me from being bored with the same old repetitive sat nav questions…I miss your point.
And I have never said that real drivers do not need one.
Whether I personally ‘need’ one is another argument, but I have one, and I am the Ultimate ‘‘real driver’’ :sunglasses: …that goes without saying.
(Joking btw :smiley: …oh sod it ! I aint :laughing: AND I can use a twin splitter, so I must be. :sunglasses: :laughing: :unamused:

Which thread did dozy get an ear bashing ?
I miss all the good bits on here. :cry:

You open and contribute to a Sat-Nav thread, you could just ignore it and stand proud in your cowboy boots and spurs! :smiley:

And the twin splitter is a dodo mate, even you wouldn’t want one everyday, you’d be too tired to iron your frilly curtains… :wink:

Lucy just had a little joke at dozy’s expense, and as I like to help ‘Newbies’ (although be it, this is IT). you could always find Lucy and click on her recent posts (through her profile) to find out, or would you like me to spoon feed you? :grimacing:

You’ve been experimenting with Newcastle Brown Ale again haven’t you :unamused:
I keep telling you keep off it, it aint for Southerners :bulb: , it’s a real man’s drink, and you know it always has this effect of beligerent bravado when you try it,… then you have to apologise again the next day. :unamused:
Stick to the Babychams mate, they are much more agreeable with you.
:laughing:

Btw…get yer spoon out mate please, looked and still can’t find it. :blush: :blush: :smiley:

I’m not saying I’m sober mate! :stuck_out_tongue:
But I grew out of Newkie Brown when I was 19, it didn’t cut the mustard… :wink:

And now I’ve a mustard spoon in hand: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144282&p=2278623#p2278623

Lucy:
Ps. Thanks guys, great stuff as ever. I am now exploring the possibilities for putting questions to operators as well, so watch out for another thread once I’ve set it up.

For now, here is your best chance to get your feelings across, so keep letting rip please! ( No Dozy, not like that… :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue: )

Her latest post by the way mate… :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:
opening post

I have always found this site helpful and treated it as , if some one gave me good advice, great, if they where being “mean” I would ignore it, not that it happened much, . Treat it very much the same way in person as well , being nice I would give them all my time, being mean I’ll just walk away.

Regarding advice from other drivers, in my first job I had plenty info from drivers. During my agency time at P&H we was left to figure it out, but I took as much info from the 2nd man who had been in the job longer.

During my time at CCF I latched on to an older driver and tried to gain as much knowledge from him as possible, no question to daft. Even if he was in a rush and I asked about a delivery, he wouldn’t bat an eyelid in getting out a map, going through the whole route, making sure it was on the right bit of the trailer and any other info… As daft as it sounds my youth and enthusiam encouraged him to go get his class one , in turn he came to me for adivce.

In my current job, we have a guy who has been on it since God was a boy, two years into the job I still ring him up and go “how would you do this” or “thinking of doing the job this way, yay or nay”. He’s forgotten more than I know.

Other drivers I have dealt with, outside my work circle, have all been sound. I jump out and help a driver reverse into bays if it’s a bit tight. Never had a British lad help me out on my bits and bobs of class 1 , but plenty foreign drivers have helped.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

sinclair89:
Never had a British lad help me out on my bits and bobs of class 1 , but plenty foreign drivers have helped.

A couple of English drivers helped me out with a blindside reverse in a tight and busy yard today. Millimetres to spare between the edge of the trailer and an adjacent van, so glad of the extra eyes I was…

And had it not been for this forum I suspect I may never have had the courage to ask. You can see here that most drivers are human, some are intelligent, and several are helpful.