Newbie.

Hi all.
Found this forum about a week ago and have been lurking ever since :smiling_imp:

I am looking for some advice on which direction to take.
I have decided to take the plunge and go for the midlife career change (already working my 3mth notice period) and was hoping for some advice.

I am looking to start my Class 2 in the next month or so and originally was going to do my ADR “when” I pass (!) Do you think this is a good idea or do you think I should go for my C+E instead?

I am based in Eastbourne and am looking for the best option to make me as employable as soon as possible after passing?
Also some advice on decent training schools in the area would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

To some extent it will depend on whether or not there’s a particular type of industry that’s prevalent in your area, but generally I’d say cat C+E will make you more employable than ADR will.

do some research firstly as correctly said if there are no ADR firms in the local area then its money wasted, see whats about (builders firms = hiab).

a lot of ADR firms from my own experience tend to like drivers who have experience too which unless you fall lucky may also mean a waste of hard earned.

good luck with the search.

Hi m8 and welcome.

As has already been said do some research into firms in your area regarding ADR. I would think you would be better going for your C+E licence first.

Good luck on you’re journey :slight_smile:

Two ways to look at it
class C with adr gives you the pallet carrier work or home / small fleet fuel type work along with the likes of Palmer and Harvey etc .
class 1 Cat C+E gives you trunk work as I would now call it as most c+e traffic is now doing just that.
You need to see the type of work that’s prominent in your area.
No point having c+e if your in an area where everything is cat C or visa versa…

What are you doing now and why do you think driving is the job for you?

mac12:
What are you doing now and why do you think driving is the job for you?

Currently office bound. But I have a background in sales and sales mgmnt so have extensive miles under my belt.
Also was a registered driving instructor /fleet trainer for over 5yrs.

Fancy a role where I get paid for the hours I work and have always like driving.

Brittania Superfine ltd at Polegate are after European and UK drivers on Lgv 1, food tankers and general haulage, they may fund your training and employ you.

toby1234abc:
Brittania Superfine ltd at Polegate are after European and UK drivers on Lgv 1, food tankers and general haulage, they may fund your training and employ you.

Thanks for the heads up, I will investigate.

C+E all the way, if only for the grin factor :grimacing: