Newbie Tramper requires tips and advice

ERFMarc:
, don’t be afraid to ask or you’ll never know.

That’s good advice for life in general, let alone the life of a tramper.

Foam ear plugs for noisy lay bys or your snoring that wakes you up.

don’t forget the vasaline and condoms if your staying in lay-bys lol or is that just me ■■?..

Look in the FAQs there’s a list of all the stuff you need to take with you, except loo roll

Mr Monk,how un PC they’re not “Diddycoys” but disadvantaged folk who can’t afford the exorbitant price of diesel! :laughing: :laughing:

ERFMarc:
Much the same as what the others have said, I work for the company that shifts Radius pipe’s competitors products (no prizes for the first one to guess!) If your on pipe and coil haulage make sure you have a good set of waterproofs and a change of footwear so you don’t drag half the site back into your cab every night.

Ask other guys from the firm where they would stay if you catch them when loading up, don’t be afraid to ask or you’ll never know.

The good thing with the pipe/coil job is that a lot of the drops will be on industrial estates so you’ll pick up good knowledge of them. Another good tip is one that I think Jessica’s Dad mentioned a few months ago…as you drive around keep scouting out industrial estates and well sheltered laybys and adding them to the list.

If your on the pipes and want to know anything else feel free to give me a shout. It’s a different job than general haulage or RDC stuff but on the whole it’s good fun and takes you to some nice places with breathtaking scenery every so often when you go to pipeline projects or treatment works out in the countryside.

Good luck and if you see me on a site, it’s the wagon with Sparky on the numberplate.

I
This is good advice imho. Been at it 33 yrs now and believe me thr best advice is from someone who loads the same stuff!
The ind.est. and lay by advice is good too. You’d be amazed how many times after a nice couple of pints and meal in a pub followed by a quiet nights kip you set off next morning to find blokes trying to sleep less than five mins away at the side of a busy road.
Keep asking my friend it’s only the muppetts who don’t…