Newbie training and job advice

Hi all, After wandering around the site for a few weeks and thinking of hgv as a career for a while I’ve decided to take the plunge and go for it.
Im 35 and looking for a change to coincide with my return to the uk after 4 years in australia.
I will be moving to just outside wolverhampton going towards shropshire way and was wondering what work opportunities are like in that area.wolverhampton telford stafford shrewsbury all in easy reach. would anyone recommend a local agency as i assume this will be my first chance of work. Ive looked on a few job site but as usual everyone wants experience. Also does anyone have any recommendations with regards to training providers, and should i do more than class 2 or think about that at a later date.
Again im happy to travel a little and am most familiar with areas between stafford and wolves.
Any help, advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Matt

Have a good read of posts by other recent newbies to see the reality of the newbies job market - do not believe internet adverts that say there is a driver shortage

In the LGV TRAINING TIPS sticky there is a page where members have recommended training schools

When i was looking for work, firms would hang up on me when they asked how far away i lived from their premises, my advice is to buy a cheap camper van or motor home, and ask if you can park it in their yard or near to work.
If cab hopping, it would be handy for that, some drivers commute up to 2 hours for work, which eats in to the daily rest times of 9 or 11 hours off.
Try Gumtree, Rapido and the Eures job search web sites.Or place an ad for free in one of the truck mags, or at the drivers check in at the ports or docks.