Newbie - Traffic Commissioner Hearing

Hey guys! (and gals!)

I am in the process of starting LGV training, and have had my medical, and sent of for new DL.

Just had a letter from the Traffic Commissioner saying that I must attend a hearing due to previous convictions.

I’m just wondering if there’s any point of me going, and what my chances are of getting the provisional entitlement.

My endorsements are:
Offence Date Offence Penalty
24/07/2006 Using a vehicle unisured against 3rd party risks 6 months disqualification and £250 fine
30/10/2007 Driving while disqualified by a court 12 months disqualification
30/10/2007 Using a vehicle unisured against 3rd party risks Unknown
12/09/2007 Dangerous Driving 12 months disqualification and £300 fine

To be honest, I highly doubt that I will be given the entitlement, but just thought I would check.

Obviously, I have now become a little older, and have been paying insurances, not being an arse while driving etc.

Thank’s in advance :slight_smile:

What have you got to lose by going?

Coffeeholic:

4 hours of driving time, and however long it takes at the hearing and 250 miles worth of petrol!

Apart from that, nothing lol.

Will probably end up going, but just not too sure of how likely I am to get it :frowning:

The offences are serious and bound to be frowned upon, however they are nearly 3 1/2 years old so I’d say it’s up-to you to convince the TC that you’re a reformed character.

If you don’t attend the hearing you will never know what the result would have been will you :wink:

Stevie197:

Coffeeholic:

4 hours of driving time, and however long it takes at the hearing and 250 miles worth of petrol!

So not much to maybe get the licence you want as opposed to not getting it if you don’t go? Bit of a no brainer really is it not?

I would say there is a chance of obtaining a licence, otherwise they would have already refused it. You need to stress that you know that you did wrong but have learned from your mistakes. As I understand it, all of these offences have expired for totting-up purposes and will come off of your licence later this year (the first one should be off already) so if your application is unsuccessful then you can re-apply at the end of the year.

As with most traffic commisioners this one sounds ok -
I would guess as posted if you were not allowed - then your application would have been refused
However it seems the TC wants to speak to you and see how the land lies
its great and i would defo attend - it does stand you in good stead - you have reformed - and none of us was perfect when we were young
just most of us never got caught
cheers
Steve

Stevie197:
I’m just wondering if there’s any point of me going, and what my chances are of getting the provisional entitlement.

Hi Stevie197,
I’m with those who have suggested that you go to the hearing.

Now I’ll say why…

Long ago in the dim and distant late 70s, I was in a similar position to you.

It already stands you in very good stead that you’ve fully declared your record to the TC, and I’d suggest that you say that you’re looking for the chance to prove yourself to him/her by passing an LGV test.

I attended a hearing and was granted a provisional LGV licence, but it came with extra conditions and a warning.
As you can see, it was pretty serious back then, but it’s even more so these days.

The one tip I’d give you for attending a TC’s hearing is that you really must mean and deliver on any promises that you might make.

wouldnt worry i had 2 pages of infringements and points on a provisonal :blush: but we learn from our mistakes now im clean as a whistle :smiley: and intend too keep it that way
:grimacing:

The TC is a hearing that was similar to being hauled in front of assembly at school, except there will only be the headmaster, the bursar and you. Take the bollocking, eat some humble pie, because whatever you think of them, they hold the key to your future.

If you don’t go, they will win anyway.

And if mention double jeopardy, you will get your arse kicked :laughing:

Thanks for taking the time to post!

Making me feel a little better about it now!

Will go along, and I suppose if they do say no, it’s still been a nice day out for me!

It’s at the start of March, so shall post again when I find out what’s happening!

Got me fingers crossed lol!

Thanks again :smiley:

We hope to see you back in March telling us about your training then :smiley:

Good luck :wink:

Stevie197:
Thanks for taking the time to post!

Making me feel a little better about it now!

Will go along, and I suppose if they do say no, it’s still been a nice day out for me!

It’s at the start of March, so shall post again when I find out what’s happening!

Got me fingers crossed lol!

Thanks again :smiley:

There you are, told you it was a no brainer. Good luck.

Me again :smiley:

Sorry to revive this thread, but thought it better than starting a new one…!

They granted me provisional :smiley:!!

Chuffed mucho! Was basically as you guys had stated, explaining why I had the convictions, and the circumstances around them etc. No conditions applied as such, but I was told that it would be noted that a ‘warning’ will be placed on my file, so if I’m up in front of them ever again, this will be taken into consideration!

Was expecting them to say something like 6 points, and we’re takin it back, or come see us again in 12 months and we will review your record…!

Anyway, rambling a bit now.
Thank’s again for the encouraging messages. If I hadn’t posted here, I probably wouldn’t have turned up :smiley: :smiley:

Glad your provisionals have been granted. Good luck with training and tests. Try not to accrue any more points and you will have nothing to worry about.

Dean

Stevie197:

That is good news, well done :smiley:

Good luck with the training :wink:

Stevie197:

Hi Stevie,

That’s great news mate!!

:bulb: BTW, if you had started a new thread, I’d have probably wondered what you were on about. :grimacing:

Now go and nail that driving test!! :smiley: