Newbie Tacho Mistake

I’ll put this in here even though I’ve had my digi tacho card for just over 9 years now.

Today I used a Stonebridge Tacho. I don’t often come across these and had a sod of a job to even get it to take my card. The drawer wouldn’t shut properly so when it finally went in I was trying to work out the thing whilst it did what it’s supposed to do.

However, later in the day I found that actually whatever I had pressed, which I didn’t recall doing, but I’ve ended up as 00:00 to 06:40 (when I inserted my card) it had been recorded as ‘other work’.

I wondered what that odd entry on the printout was. They called me up over it in the office telling me that I had had insufficient daily rest. I told them my last duty finishing was Saturday at about 4pm and I started this morning at 0545 and getting a wagon at 0640…

So I have the infringement on there now. For being a naughty boy. I tried explaining but they just blank ‘wtf are you on about’ looks so clearly they haven’t done the whole sitting in the cab thing staring at the alien device thing to track the hours. One of the older drivers nudged me later on and told me that a lot of them can be pieces of [zb] and next time after inserting it just leave it while you do your walk around checks and it usually sorts itself out…

Grr. Still, at least I still have work tomorrow :wink:

Hi. Although you didn’t mention it, I’m sure you took a printout and have written your explanation on it. It’s clear it’s a mistake - you won’t go to prison for it! I’ve heard various reports about Stonebridge and, although I’ve never used one myself, they seem to have a mind of their own. So I wouldn’t worry unduly.

BTW, I’ve replied to your pm. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
…I’ve heard various reports about Stonebridge and, although I’ve never used one myself, they seem to have a mind of their own

Mine CERTAINLY does!
It even comes with its own fancy idiot’s guide book…which, although easy to follow, often doesn’t correspond to what the unit is supposed to do. I’ve now got print outs coming out of my arse. :open_mouth: