Newbie saying Hi

Hi just passed my class 2, doing my CPC and class 1 at the end of September. Got a discount for booking both with the same company.

The class 1 will be in the wagon I did class 2 with with a drag. From what I have read here I see this may be a bad idea to pass with drag rather then artic but I have already paid so im stuck with what I have.

Im 35 and smack bang in the middle of Wales as well.

Anyone know of any decent agencies in the area to sign up with or failing that i can get to Shrewsbury or Oswestry areas in around an hour, also anywhere to get a few hours practice on an artic so I know how they handle?

Cheers
Reb

:smiley: :smiley:

Congrats on the pass mate and the very best of luck with the class 1.

IF your willing to travel to Oswestry then Pentons will give new passes on class 1 a start.

My advise to you would be to give them a bell anytime and introduce yourself now. Tell them what your doing and ask them when you pass your artic will there be a start for you.

Willing to bet they say yes because they are always on the lookout.

It’s cold storage work ( fridges) and if your willing to have nights out then that would cut down your travelling.

Cheers guys, will give them a shout Coolrider when i dont have the kids crawling over me.

Hi Reb! I’m a recent new-pass class one and a week later had a full- time job. If you can spare the time, I would advise phoning/visiting firms and speaking to their TMs. Take a CV, work-gear and certificates, tell them you want a job and are willing to learn.
I spent a week on holiday near Y Bala earlier this month, (although it was renamed Y Bale recently, which appears on the signs on the A494!!) and I noticed several firms around there, Machynlleth, Dolgellau etc. Google’s your friend, there must be more…
Good luck!

Been on to one agency today who supply drivers to Powys council and so forth and if i had my CPC in hand i could have started Friday…

Another agency I already done some work with on vans emailed saying they looking for class 1 in Oswestry, so have asked them for more details and told them the date of my course etc. So once i have my CPC in hand I should be ok to go.

Still worried a little about no artic experience though, dont want to pass on a drag and be stuffed into a artic cab with no idea of how they turn or reverse.

Take ALL the room available in an artic and as your experience builds you’ll get to know how much room you “really” need. We have tri-axle single and double-decks and a 50’ trailer. They are all different. And we have some Ivecos, some Dafs and a Merc and each combination is different. So you have to drive each one accordingly. The 50 footer follows the best, amazingly, but the overhang is something else :open_mouth: .
On your next drive anywhere, if you have time, follow an artic for a while. There’s nothing like an example, good bad or indifferent, to give you a clue.

I’m a newbie passed my class 1 in wagon and drag drove an artic last week for 1st time it is different from what i learnt in but i soon picked it up quickly the reverse is abit more tricky but I’ve been told it will come with experience good luck!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk