Newbie Saying hello

Hi Everyone
I’m new to this forum and had a browse at some really useful info on here so thought id join.
I’m not a driver YET but I’m looking at doing my class 2 licence in the next few weeks as i have always wanted to drive but just never got round to doing my test etc.
i have looked through a few threads on here about where to do your training/test but still have an unanswered question.
i have looked at a few companies for training in the derbyshire/burton area and found a few but come across one that lets you put all your training fees into a “training account” then pay them off when you can (48 months max), for me this is ideal as money is a bit tight at the moment and they only charge £14 for each month the account is open
so i find myself leaning towards this company, has anyone had any experience or know anyone who has used these??
I’ve just heard a few horror stories of people going with the wrong company so wanted to do my research
the company is called “The HGV Training Centre”
hgvtraining.co.uk/hgv-traini … oC52vw_wcB

Whoops! You’ve opened the floodgates for a load of feedback with this one.

In the meantime, if you want an honest trainer with a half decent reputation you could check out my signature.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Ok, so I’ve just had another look at their website and it makes me feel almost physically sick. It’s packed full with misleading information, half truths and downright lies.

Bear in mind that these people ARE NOT trainers. They are brokers who will take your money with a few to placing you with a training provider. Think about it. They make their money by paying less for the training than the money they have taken from you. So expect the cheapest training they can find.

I would love to see the endorsement from DVLA. Would make interesting reading. They say they train 200 drivers a month (bear in mind that THEY train NO drivers any month) and that everyone is guaranteed an interview with TRG. Does anyone really think that TRG need another 2,400 drivers each year? That’s expansion on a truly mammoth scale.

Go ahead, book your training with them. And good luck.

The HGV Training Centre offers the best tuition in the UK. Alongside its various awards and endorsements, it’s gained the support of the DVLA (Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency) as an optimal place to learn how to drive these heavy-duty vehicles.

This is direct from their website. The DVLA don’t support any trainer. The DVSA (formerly DSA) do accredit training centres though and this can be checked and verified at dft.gov.uk/fyn/lgv.php

I don’t see their name on the list. Maybe I’m missing something.

High time proper action was taken against people putting these lies up for public consumption.

cheers for the response’s peter,
i wasn’t about to book this company i just wanted to get peoples views on this company as i didn’t want to pay out a large amount of money then regret it.
The only reason why this company appealed to me is that i could defer the fees for a while as money is a bit tight at the minute.
I’ve spotted a few local trainers close to me with good reviews etc but could do without paying out £1500 at the moment.
i wasn’t looking at the company because of the promise of a job as i know that is all bull etc it was purely the payment method.

Never pay any money until you have met the trainer and had a look around the school

check out the link in my signature below as well as all the other stickies near the top of this forum

i wasn’t looking at the company because of the promise of a job as i know that is all bull etc it was purely the payment method.

If you know that the promise of a job is bull, why would you get involved with them at all? If I was spending a four figure sum I would want to trust the people I was spending it with. Not people telling me downright lies.

BTW, you wont have to go far to find a trainer offering interest free credit with no catches.

Would you buy a car before seeing it :question:

If not why give people you dont know never met that kind of money :question:

As said go visit several training providers speak to them direct before parting with any money ask if you can have a test drive or at least sit in 1 of the vehicles