Newbie Question!

Hi all,

I’m looking to get back into driving, having not done any in anything other than a 3.5t for 20+ years. Thought i would look at 7.5t and have C1 acquired rights on my driving licence but going round in circles trying to find out exactly what parts of the CPC i would need to do. Can i just do the 35hrs or do i need a practical assessment aswell as other modules ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Sean

From what you’ve said you must have Cat C1 category on your licence because you passed the test before January 1997, in which case you can do either MODs 2 and 4 of the initial CPC or you can do 35 hours or periodic training.

The periodic training doesn’t have a pass/fail test you just have to attend the training courses, so you can’t go wrong with that :wink:

tachograph:
From what you’ve said you must have Cat C1 category on your licence because you passed the test before January 1997, in which case you can do either MODs 2 and 4 of the initial CPC or you can do 35 hours or periodic training.

The periodic training doesn’t have a pass/fail test you just have to attend the training courses, so you can’t go wrong with that :wink:

Awesome, thanks very much for confirming that for me. Think i’ll opt for the 35 hrs, it’s been a good while so a good refresher on the different modules will be spot on I think.

Cheers :smiley: