Newbie question

Hi I’ve passed my theory multiple choice and hazard perception. Just got to do CPC test. I was going to book my training with J Coates (I am based in south bucks). I was wondering if you guys know if they are a good provider. Also everywhere I seem to read say a lot of negative things about being a trucker is it really all bad? I really enjoy driving. I was wondering once I get my licence where can I find a decent well paid job? What sort of starting salary can a newly qualified driver make and are companies willing to employ new drivers? Thanks

i presume that’s not the J Coates in Leicester? if it is ROG will be able to tell you more about them.
as for becoming a HGV driver,lots of good things about it,as well as the negative.if you can cope with long hours (usually),crowded roads,totally useless planners,and get to grips with all the rules and regulations you’ll be fine :smiley:
i’ve been driving for 36 years so can’t be that bad a job!

Coates have many training places around the UK but the main office is in Leicester

They are in the members recommended list contained within the link in my signature below

Ok thanks guys, I’m using there branch in St Albans

You might like to look at this

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=131908

Pete :laughing: :laughing: