Newbie-Parking in South wales?

Hi
Great site!!!
Just a question. Been looking at the posts about overnight parking in south wales - some great posts!!! especially about newport cattle market.
My hubbie has started working as multidrop driver and has to stay over twice a week in south wales.
Question 1) can you stay over in Coach Parks overnight? - silly question I know but its all new to me this?
Question 2) Any overnight stops around Neath /Porthcawl area - I know there is J47 service anymore.? (preferably cheaper)

Looked at a few sites (in fact now into the 100’s) and getting completly flumked (SP) by the whole thing. (not many about south wales) What are the rules concerning overnight stays?. (esp as its my hubbie were talking about I think I wont tell him about newport market -lol)

Regards

truckergirl:
Hi
Great site!!!
Just a question. Been looking at the posts about overnight parking in south wales - some great posts!!! especially about newport cattle market.
My hubbie has started working as multidrop driver and has to stay over twice a week in south wales.
Question 1) can you stay over in Coach Parks overnight? - silly question I know but its all new to me this?
Question 2) Any overnight stops around Neath /Porthcawl area - I know there is J47 service anymore.? (preferably cheaper)

Looked at a few sites (in fact now into the 100’s) and getting completly flumked (SP) by the whole thing. (not many about south wales) What are the rules concerning overnight stays?. (esp as its my hubbie were talking about I think I wont tell him about newport market -lol)

Regards

i usually run to the idea that if it dont say no overnight parking then I can park there, cos once my tacho is out I cant move.
so coach parks, supermarkets,laybys etc etc.

on or nr supermarkets with long opening

just have to be a bit cute with them and park well away from veiw …they have the right to move you on cos its private land

Swansea Gowerton rd council office car park after 1730 no loos

B&Bs every where if he wants luxery 1 night
at Factory or anywhere that works 24 hrs

transportcafe.co.uk/
aint looked but its astart
i dragged it from wireless post

J47 serives (Swansea west) is still there and has always been clean when I’ve been there. Apparently the petrol station there is filthy though.

Tesco in Neath Abbey (not Tesco metro in Neath town centre) is open 24hours and has a medium sized carpark which is ok if it’s pretty empty but it would be far too tight for an artic if it was busy. It’s only just off the M4 too.

There’s also quite often some lorries overnighted outside Day’s Ford dealership which is just the other side of the roundabout from Tesco’s.

Often see lorries overnighting in the laybys on the A465 between Aberdulias and Glynneath. Just off at J43 M4 go past Neath up to Aberdulais and continue up the A465, nice large laybys set just off the road.

Capel Hendre Estate just off the end of the M4. No facilities, but quiet, safe (police do patrol from time to time) and only 5 mins from motorway and services at J49 (Pont Abraham). At end of M4 take 3rd exit (right) towards Ammanford/Llandeilo. At top of hill turn left, down hill and the estate is on the left at the bottom. Also some factories on the right, but don’t know about parking down there.

Look out at j 47 services,lots of dogging going on
even at lunch time…
keep hubbie away from this one…

welshlad:
Look out at j 47 services,lots of dogging going on
even at lunch time…
keep hubbie away from this one…

further to this, make sure he doesn’t have blue lights on his dashboard. :wink: :smiley:

gardun:
Capel Hendre Estate just off the end of the M4. No facilities, but quiet, safe (police do patrol from time to time) and only 5 mins from motorway and services at J49 (Pont Abraham). At end of M4 take 3rd exit (right) towards Ammanford/Llandeilo. At top of hill turn left, down hill and the estate is on the left at the bottom. Also some factories on the right, but don’t know about parking down there.

I park there, also Station Rd Industrial Estate at Llandeilo and the industrial estate at Pontarddulais which is j48 iirc.

Outside Morrisons at Camarthen. Bridgend Industrial Estate (good pub)

Parking is easy in Wales compared to a lot of places.

Thanks for all your replys. Your’e all a great help

P.S

Blue lights on dashboard■■? (its sunday not quite with it.!!)