Newbie on the block

Hi guys is’nt it frustrating that youngsters want to work in the industry, they spend their had earned money on the tests etc and then they hit this “No experience no job” culture. This is exactly what my daughter is up against currently she is 26 and paid for all of her own training first class 2 and subsequently class 1, and yes is fortunate to be driving class 2 currently but wants to pursue artic work and keeps hitting this hurdle. Come on you haulage firms, you hark on about a severe shortage of skilled drivers, bite the bullit and at least let these newbies show you what they can do. So if there are any companies willing to give my daughter a break up here in North east Scotland/Aberdeenshire /Morey give me a shout and I will pass on her details I think you might be impressed.

Has put all her kit in the boot of her car and gone knocking early in the morning especially mondays :question:

If an answer is not needed then hand CV personally to TM

It’s a small market up there so that won’t help. Has she tried Craibs ? Might be wrong but sure they take on new drivers.

Just phone up or knock on doors. Even haulage company Facebook pages are worth a look.
Only a really small percentage of companies actually advertise via the job centre route

ajt:
It’s a small market up there so that won’t help. Has she tried Craibs ? Might be wrong but sure they take on new drivers.

Just phone up or knock on doors. Even haulage company Facebook pages are worth a look.
Only a really small percentage of companies actually advertise via the job centre route

Agree m8. Thats what i will be doing when i pass. Chapping as many doors as possible with a CV in hand and all relevant cards