Newbie needs advice

Hello everyone
I’ve only just started using a digi-tacho and I’m doing a bit of agency work driving a 7.5t truck i would like to clear up a couple of things.
I leave the yard at 3.30am and drive to delivery point where vehicle is tipped its the same place everyday takes me about 3 hours to get there give or take 15 mins i then either have a break or if the guys are there to unload i switch to other work because i have to keep moving the truck as its double parked.
I then after about 1 hour get in and drive back to the yard again depending on traffic 3 - 3.30 hours to get home thats it
the question is how many breaks do i have and when.
I estimate my total daily driving to be around 7 hours
many thanks

Welcome

45 minutes for every 4.5 hours of wheels turning.

On a digital tachograph it gives you a warning 15 minutes before your 4.5 hours are up.

If you have been on duty for 6 hours before you have been driving for 4.5 hours then you should also take a break of 15 minutes (which can be counted towards your driving time break if taken as a 15 minute and a 30 minute break)

Welcome to Trucknet-UK David :wink:

As dar1976 said you need a 45 minute break before exceeding 4.5 hours driving, this break can be taken in two parts if you prefer.

If you have a split break the first part must be at-least 15 minutes and the second part must be at-least 30 minutes and they have to be taken in that order.

david106:
Hello everyone
I’ve only just started using a digi-tacho and I’m doing a bit of agency work driving a 7.5t truck i would like to clear up a couple of things.
I leave the yard at 3.30am and drive to delivery point where vehicle is tipped its the same place everyday takes me about 3 hours to get there give or take 15 mins i then either have a break or if the guys are there to unload i switch to other work because i have to keep moving the truck as its double parked.
I then after about 1 hour get in and drive back to the yard again depending on traffic 3 - 3.30 hours to get home thats it
the question is how many breaks do i have and when.
I estimate my total daily driving to be around 7 hours
many thanks

Sounds like a nice little job.

It is a nice little job apart from the lovely london traffic and money not bad either
my dad has been a driver for 50 years still has his class 1 and he’s 70.
I do regret not doing class 1 when i was younger i was brought up on diesel fumes and getting up to go to work with my dad at 3am in the holidays.