Newbie need experience/ Devon/Exeter

Hi All

I have just passed my C1 licence on a drawbar split gear box on a Man truck (typical driving school lorry) but clearly I’m not ready for a big truck. Experience is what I need ! I’m 40yld with CPC, digicard & common sense so I’m looking for a company or self employed trucker to take me on for a couple of weeks (or more) to show me the trade ideally on an artic. I won’t ask for a wage . I really don’t want to use an agency ( they are a nemesis !) so please don’t contact me to register .
Many thanks to you all

Sure Gregorys were/are advertising for new drivers, deffo worth ringing.

Palmer and Harvey are desperate for drivers in Saltash, Good for experience not much else :laughing: quite a few builders merchants around Plymouth need hiab drivers, have had ads up for ages so make take on and train people.

It may well pay you to have a couple of hours with a trainer in a full size artic.

Good luck with the job search, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Pete, that’s a good point but I would like a reference if possible. If unlucky I might have to ask Steve Robertson for some guidance.

M_att, I have managed to get an interview with Gregorys in cullompton with a 2 weeks training which is really positive. Are they a good company to work for ?

Ive not worked direct for Gregorys, but have worked for Kay’s through agency regular which is a good gig, they are owned by Gregorys so most likely run the same. Which is 100% by the book, new lorrys (scania for gregorys) always updated and clean. All the drivers seamed happy there an no ■■■■■■■■ about the work, pay, managment. but again thats a diff depot so may vary.