Newbie - Milk Tanker job

Hi, I have had my class 2 for almost a year, and have been working Multi drop to supermarkets for past 6 months. I have seen a job for milk tanker driver, any advice, pros and cons would be much appreciated
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

depends what shift they are offering I have just done to days with a local milk tanker company before I decide to join them. the main part of the job is finding the farms and finding the milk tank to empty. Then agitating the milk for 2 minutes then taking a sample by climbing to the top of the tank and lifting a lid and then pumping it out the tank and making sure it is below 5 celus. The pumping can take like 40 minutes for 21000 litres. I mean I got my head around the process in less than a day. It is also being the face of the company being friendly to farms and knowing when they milk the cows so you can get their empty the tank and wash it so they can milk the cows in the afternoon and put the milk into an empty clean tank. the process of unloading at a dairy is not to hard just got to give a sample of the milk to the dairy and once they give the oky just unloading it again and sitting their for 30 mins. I mean if they ask you for an interview my do what I did and ask if you could go out with a driver for a day to see what the job is like. Most companies either run 4 on 4off or 6 on 2/3off.

Which part of the country you in billy??

Alliepallie4:
depends what shift they are offering I have just done to days with a local milk tanker company before I decide to join them. the main part of the job is finding the farms and finding the milk tank to empty. Then agitating the milk for 2 minutes then taking a sample by climbing to the top of the tank and lifting a lid and then pumping it out the tank and making sure it is below 5 celus. The pumping can take like 40 minutes for 21000 litres. I mean I got my head around the process in less than a day. It is also being the face of the company being friendly to farms and knowing when they milk the cows so you can get their empty the tank and wash it so they can milk the cows in the afternoon and put the milk into an empty clean tank. the process of unloading at a dairy is not to hard just got to give a sample of the milk to the dairy and once they give the oky just unloading it again and sitting their for 30 mins. I mean if they ask you for an interview my do what I did and ask if you could go out with a driver for a day to see what the job is like. Most companies either run 4 on 4off or 6 on 2/3off.

Cheers that’s really helpful, the jobs backshift, don’t know hours got interview next week

TheNewBoy:
Which part of the country you in billy??

From Wolverhampton but just brought place in East Kilbride Glasgow with other half the job is in Stirling, work for Muller at minute delivery milk to shops