Newbie looking for work in middlesbrough

Hi all

I passed my c + e last March and due to getting a new job I never pursued the driving career as I needed to get back into work having been made redundant. Well I’ve decided now that I really want a career in the transport industry it’s something I know I will enjoy as my grandad was a driver years ago. I know it’s hard to get a job as companies want experience etc. Where do I go from here? I applied, took c.v s to companies just after passing but didnt any further that’s why I ended up taking the job iam in now. Does anyone know any jobs going in the middlesbrough area? Or where I can go to get started I have no experience yet so would need to start from scratch. Replies would be appreciate. Many thanks

What sort of work you looking for…As there are many varies roles in haulage…I mean you looking for day/night work.Tramping?..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi mate,

I’d been interested in anything probably not tramping as been new and think it would be to much at first. Nights would be good. General haulage all though I have my adr aswell so that’s an option but getting in with someone like suttons etc I know is hard even with experience.

You’ll get a start on agency for the Christmas rush just don’t expect to have any work after the 25th of December.

Night trucking is a nice easy introduction pal, probably no real reversing and no one on your back chasing you.

Best of luck!

I don’t really want to go down the agency route I’d rather be in a company who are willing to sort of show you the ropes… Yeah I was thinking nights much more laid back to the hectic traffic during the day. I’ve applied for a few off indeed website so we will see what happens. Hopefully sooner rather than later. What wage would I be looking at on a 50ish hour week? Thanks for the replies :smiling_face:

Prestons will take on new drivers. however the closest depot to you is FVS (Prestons) at the bottom of Portrack lane and that’s on steel- and there they probably wont take you straight on, you may have to work out of Potto - other option is Davy Fox at South Bank, he is always advertising, neither are stellar wages but good solid legal companies to work for

Hi rikki,
Thanks for the reply Il give them both a try! I know david fox always has the sign up outside the yard as well. A starts a start beggars can’t be choosers I suppose… spoke to turners soham who also take new drivers on and the manager said my lack of experience is a concern. How the hell do you get experience baffles me. If people are keen to get into the industry then why not help them so called shortage of drivers eh!!!

Don’t normally recommend Stobart’s to anyone, but they give newbies a chance and it’s good experience and ok pay.

Teeside depot might not be too far from you.