Newbie looking for help

hi ive just got my forms for my provisional so going to be gettin them sent off in next couple of weeks, am then going to get my theorys done hopfully may when am off work, am currently tryin to talk my current job to put me through my tests as they have done it in the last couple year but am not realy holding my breath about it so if i have to pay myself through it ive been looking at a place in doncaster called atlas, i did look at Peter Smythe but think it might be abit far to travel, am just looking for advice for training places that are good around the sheffield area just incase work wont sort it for me which i hope they will because will be a job straight after i pass. i wil proberly be 25 by the time ive passed my class1 so might be slightly bit easier on the job hunt and i will only have the lack of experience to overcome.
bit of advance thanks for your help&advice :slight_smile:

andyb88:
hi ive just got my forms for my provisional so going to be gettin them sent off in next couple of weeks, am then going to get my theorys done hopfully may when am off work, am currently tryin to talk my current job to put me through my tests as they have done it in the last couple year but am not realy holding my breath about it so if i have to pay myself through it ive been looking at a place in doncaster called atlas, i did look at Peter Smythe but think it might be abit far to travel, am just looking for advice for training places that are good around the sheffield area just incase work wont sort it for me which i hope they will because will be a job straight after i pass. i wil proberly be 25 by the time ive passed my class1 so might be slightly bit easier on the job hunt and i will only have the lack of experience to overcome.
bit of advance thanks for your help&advice :slight_smile:

Plenty of posts on here about this topic if you search around a bit. Main thing is not to use an agent - go direct to the training company. Do NOT under any circumstances pay a middle man to sort your training for you. Visit the site, talk to the owner and instructors and, if you can other drivers that have trained there…

Good luck…

ive seen that said a few times thats why ive been in touch wi atlas at doncaster, i asked at hargreaves and they sent me some infomation and some about a apprenteship because am 24 i could get gov funding to help towards the cost of the training. just realy confused with all the infomation ive seen lately

Peter is on here so no doubt he can advise you with some of it

I do know he can put you up in a B&B if that helps ( or give him a ring & speak to him )

But before you do book try & visit a few have an assessment with them if you want then make up your mine

ive seen a few posts off him on here its only a half hour drive so its not far by any means but with my luck soon as i got on motorway id get stuck in a crash always same when ive got to be somewhere.
what i like about atlas and peter is there own training ground to practice on, wont be untill about sept when i could do it anyway so loads of time to find the right place