Newbie jobs in south yorkshire

Hello people, im new to this forum and a new c+e driver , just wondered if any one knows of firms that set new drivers on , been driving buses and then 7.5 lorry for last 8 years , always wanted to take lgv so I took the plunge , any advice would be gratefully recieved , thanks

There aren’t many companies prepared to employ you as a newly qualified hgv driver. Most agencies won’t touch you unless you’ve got 180 days driving experience and have held your licence for 2 years. I did hear not long ago the Pawsons need hgv drivers but you need your lorry mounted loaders card.

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.

Might be worth having a chat with McGregors they might consider it. Wrong time of year really.

thanks for the information ,knocked my duck off a bit , cant understand how you can gain experience if no one will give you a chance, I wont let this stop me Ill keep badgering them untill I get a chance, ive read stories on this forum of people getting lucky and I see no reason why I shouldnt either, im an honest bloke who wants to work ,simple as that really,