newbie help

hi all I have been doing removals class 2 for 7 years after I left the army. I passed my class 1 3 months ago and have just got my 1st job for a local company driving artics delivering plasterboard. Now I am completely new to the haulage game and just wondered if anyone has any advice on the best way to secure load as I have read so many varying opinions on how to best transport plasterboard. Very excited and nervous at the same time ready for my first day Monday. Love the forum btw great learning tool for us newbies! any info much appreciated thanks guys

Hi pal, think the experienced hands in the main forum could help you better…

Best of luck!

Got to be ratchet straps i would say…Maybe some cornerboards to protect the edges…As it will damage them when you tighten them up…

daftvader:
Got to be ratchet straps i would say…Maybe some cornerboards to protect the edges…As it will damage them when you tighten them up…

Yep this is right. Just watch out for the plaster dust on the trailer bed. It can make certain loads slip on the wooden boards if you don’t sweep it off properly.

Don’t listen to any of the loaders who say you can’t ratchet it. As long as you have corner protectors it’ll be fine.

Generally the packs won’t move once loaded as long as you take it steady on the corners.

that’s great guys thanks I presumed ratchet straps but was weary of damaging the plasterboard if too tight. the corner protectors do I need to invest in these or will my employer provide? sorry if these questions are silly but just don’t want to ■■■■ up!

Hi, don’t know if this is the right forum but I’ll try my luck. I will be starting lgv training soon and may be driving for next. Just wondered if anyone has any idea on what hours and pay is like.

Your employer should supply the equipment for you to do your job properly…And to secure your load…You can buy them…Not sure where though…They vary in size to…I have some big plastic ones for reels and i found some small ones laying around…Wich would be ideal for plaster board loads…

Right forum…Wrong thread mate…You should start a new post yourself…As this won’t get seen otherwise…