Newbie from Scotland

Hi guys,

So I’m new here, I’ve got a question regarding agency driving.

I’m thinking of doing my cat c after the new year and I’m looking to do some agency driving on the side in between my current job. I only work part time and all the overtime is starting to dry up and also some of the agency’s seem to pay more (I only get £7.85 p/h).

I’ve only come across two agencies that operate in Scotland and they are: nas scotland and ADRnetwork anyone any experience of these?

Finally would there be sufficient work to get 2-3 shifts per week?

All info regarding this would be much appreciated :slight_smile:
Thanks
Craig K

Have a good read of the stickies before doing anything

Make sure you know the daily and weekly rest rules because your part time job is other work for the regs and cannot be used as rest

Where about are the stickies? I’m guessing it’s under another topic?

I only work 3 days per week (22 hours in total) and I see some drivers working far more than 40 so I’m sure it will fall within the rules. The purpose of doing agency work is to take me upto full time hours hopefully with better pay and a slightly better working environment.

Thanks
Craig

Right so I done a quick Google search that gave me the basics. I believe you can’t work more than 48 hours on average per week.

Because my rota is split over 4 weeks it works out as:

Week 1 - 29hrs
week 2 - 28 hrs
week 3 - 13hrs
week 4 - 19hrs

so does this mean I’d be able to take enough hours to take me to a total of 48 hrs? So for example week 1 I would only manage to do 1 long shift but on week 3 I’d be able to do a couple of shifts?

Not been on here in a long time but blue arrow and driver hire depending on where in scotland you are from mate :smiley:

Kerr1992:
Where about are the stickies? I’m guessing it’s under another topic?

A FOOL AND HIS MONEY are soon parted - Drivers Medicals.
Supporting New drivers
BEFORE you book your training, READ THIS…
Introduction to a couple of 8-speed gearboxes WITH PICS…
HGV LGV TRAINING
How a TNUK member passed the CPC Mod 4 test.
LGV TRAINING TIPS (Read only)

ALL THOSE ARE AT THE TOP OF THS FORUM

Kerr1992:
Right so I done a quick Google search that gave me the basics. I believe you can’t work more than 48 hours on average per week.

Because my rota is split over 4 weeks it works out as:

Week 1 - 29hrs
week 2 - 28 hrs
week 3 - 13hrs
week 4 - 19hrs

so does this mean I’d be able to take enough hours to take me to a total of 48 hrs? So for example week 1 I would only manage to do 1 long shift but on week 3 I’d be able to do a couple of shifts?

It is my understanding that your part time job is under the normal WTD and does not count towards the RT(WT)R 48 average
Those hours do count for the tacho regs as other work

Two sets of rules treating the hours differently