Newbie from Northern Ireland

Hi there, am Davey, 27 year old newbie from Northern Ireland. Decided it was time for a career change from the car trade and always loved driving so thought it was about time to change that passion into a career. Anyways have just relieved my provisional license back and have been learning and learning theory and hazard perception. Tho I have a few questions so bare with me.

Am wondering do I need to do my cpc before I start my training?

Can I apply now for my digital tachograph card or wait?

Any info would be great.

Davey

Congratulations on the change, people hate change but then once you do it it’s great!

As for your questions, no you do the CPC after the training. Theory is stage1 I think they call it, practical test stage 2, CPC theory stage 3 and then CPC practical test stage 4.

Digi tacho, you can get that when you like. For example I got my digi tacho at the age of 17 as we have a tacho in our pick up and need it for towing trailers, and that was 4 years before doing my lorry test!

All the best for your training! :smiley:

Thanks very much scanner. Has cleared it up abit for me. Will go and get the tacho forum today and get it sent off

Check out the link in my signature below as well as all the other stickies near the top of this forum so you do not get ripped off etc

At a theory test centre you can do theory modules 1a theory, 1b HPT & 2 dcpc theory all in the same day

You can then either do the practical mods 3 or dcpc 4 in any order - usually cheaper to do mod 4 during the mod 3 training so you do not have to separately hire the lorry for mod 4

Thanks rog. Will look into them now. Already have a well recommended training company in Belfast called swift transport who are good

Kirky14:
Thanks rog. Will look into them now. Already have a well recommended training company in Belfast called swift transport who are good

They are also recommended in this sites own list :smiley:

Welcome to trucknet kirky

thanks irish lorries. few friends that drive told me to go through them. less hassle and know their stuff