Newbie from Liverpool

Hello everyone, I’ve been coming on here for a while now as a guest and thought it’s about time I registered and become an active member.

I’m currently in the process of debating a change in career, my dad was a truck driver and his dad (my grandad) before that, so thought i would carry the tradition on! As cheesy as it sounds being a truck driver was what I wanted to do “when I grow up”

So enough of the boring stuff, here’s my current situation:

I live in liverpool and have spent the last few weeks looking round for driver training in my area, after much debate (and review reading on here) ive decided I am gonna look to go with chevron, even though it’s 30 miles away, don’t really see this as an issue after reading so many success stories on here. Ive already emailed them with details, just need to arrange an assessment drive next!

I’ve got as far as having a medical, got my provisional and recently passed theory and module 2, so just driving and mod 4 left.

I’ve already started reading through a lot of the sticky topics but if anyone else has any other advice for me it would be hugely appreciated!

Welcome aboard fella…
I’m 33 and still don’t know what I want to do when I grow up!!! :smiley:

Welcome to the forum. You’ve made a sound choice of trainer with John @ Chevron. The only other sensible option would have been to come to me but that’s a bit more than 30 miles!! :unamused: My best advice is to keep in touch with John and be guided by what he says. All the very best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Firstly welcome to the forum
I completed my training with chevron and I can honestly say you won’t be disappointed with choosing John and his team. Good luck with your training

John

I passed my cat C with Chevron back in August and I’m currently in the process of taking my CE training with them. They’re 26 miles away from me (Liverpool), only takes about 45 minutes to get there (take the Wallasey tunnel, not the Birkenhead tunnel)

I’d go as far as to say they’re the best HGV training company in the North West, and probably one of the best in the whole of the UK. Their pass rates prove this.

Give them a ring, go for an assessment - you won’t be disappointed.

Cheers for the welcome everyone! Glad to be reading it seems like a good choice going with chevron! I’m going to give them a call in the morning and take it from there.

Good luck mate, I’m 32 years young and still ain’t got a clue what is my destiny!!

Assessment drive booked for the 15th November :smiley:

Hi paul

just to throw the cat amoungst the pigeons, have you considered town and country. im from aintree originally in southport now and i trained with them at the end of oct. dad and lad team i learnt with the son sean. sound fella passed first time.

but the bonus i found is they get calls from lots of local employers saying if you have any lads send them my way, which meant i was offered a job within a hour of passing my test. if you need any more info feel free to pm me

just to throw the cat amoungst the pigeons, have you considered town and country. im from aintree originally in southport now and i trained with them at the end of oct. dad and lad team i learnt with the son sean. sound fella passed first time.

but the bonus i found is they get calls from lots of local employers saying if you have any lads send them my way, which meant i was offered a job within a hour of passing my test. if you need any more info feel free to pm me

Pleased to see this post. It’s always good advice to book at least two assessments to make sure you’re happy with what is on offer. I’m sure John @ Chevron would agree and that he would have no concerns.

It has been my experience that, when folks come to us and then compare elsewhere, we see them again very quickly! Not all training is the same. I know that Chevron is excellent. I cant pass comment on T+C cos I don’t know them. The only way to find out is to go and try.

Most reputable trainers will have employers asking them for newly qualified drivers at the moment. The demand is currently outstripping supply - - and this is a good thing for newbies.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for all the advice and wise words everybody, I’ve nothing set in concrete yet so I’m still gonna keep my options open and enquire with a few other local trainers too.

Do so Paul - you will be able to make a much more informed choice by doing this- I’m sure you wouldn’t buy a car etc without looking first.

Good luck with it

John

Footnote as Pete said lots of employers contact local training companies - we are no exception and have local firms taking on new drivers from us as we speak