Newbie from hull

Hi got my cat c training next week and my test the following Monday so thought I’d have a nosey on the net for any tips and come across this site, looks good so far!
Might as well jump straight in with a question for you all. Will I need to do my full cpc before seeking employment? I’m sure the training center will tell me all about it but I forgot to ask when I booked my test! Cheers in advance, jimmy.

Depends when you passed your car test for grandfather rights

But you do have until sept 14 to do it if so

Didn’t do my car test till 2003. Would I need to have some of the cpc done before employment? Or is it as long as it all gets done by September? I’m still unfamiliar with all the cpc regs but I’m sure everything will be explained next week. Cheers.

As a new driver you’ll be fighting the fact that you have no experience yet so having your DCPC card would give you an advantage straight off the bat.

As a new driver you only need to do the modules 2 & 4. I recommend you do them whilst the Theory stuff is all still in your head. I would hate to say they are ‘super easy’ but I would say that both modules are easier than the theory/HPT provided you’ve studied a bit. Don’t forget to send off for your digicard asap too (you don’t have to wait till you pass).

You will need your mod 2 & 4 as said

You will also need the 35 hrs of periodic before sept 14

[/quoteDidn’t do my car test till 2003. Would I need to have some of the cpc done before employment? Or is it as long as it all gets done by September? I’m still unfamiliar with all the cpc regs but I’m sure everything will be explained next week. Cheers]
You will needs Mods 2 and 4. You will then be covered till April 2019 (assuming you pass everything). Before then, you need to complete 35 hours of periodic training. IF you were to do it early, you would end up with cpc till 2024 as the periodic training, when completed, will extend your original cpc by a further 5 years.

Hope this makes sense, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah that makes sense. How much is mod 2 and 4? Also how long does it take to do them?

I’m not completely sure of the cost but I believe Mod 2 is about £70, ideally do this with your theory as its computer based like the theory and many of the answers are covered by the theory questions (many are also just straight common sense) there might be the odd one to catch you out but so long as you pass no matter if you miss one or two. I think you can book this straight from the DSA website.

Mod 4 I paid with as part of my course but I believe many places do it for about £150-£200 including training in advance. Ideally you do some time in the classroom/around the vehicle and then go to the test center and pass. I found this one incredibly easy. Would I have found it so easy without the extra training prior to the test? I don’t know to be honest, I think so but it certainly made me feel much more confident. This test is just 5 questions, asking you to either show or tell them the answer.