Newbie cpc training

Hi, im new to this forum and truck driving, I’m looking for info regards cpc training. I have recently left the army with a city and guilds level 2 nvq in carrying and delivering goods(quite a mouthful!!) does this count towards any of the 35 hours training needed?? Any help would be appreciated!

Sorry to say your nvq won’t count towards the DCPC. There are lots of training companies that deliver the DCPC at competitive prices so I would advise you to look on the internet, there’s lots on there!! Just one other thing, if you passed your lgv before September 2009 or your car licence before January 1997, you are ok to drive lgv’s until September 2014 after which you’ll need your DCPC.

it’s not as simple as an absolute no.
you could appeal to jaupt and ask. the government are looking for brownie points from the armed forces, and there supporters at the moment. so you’ve got a good chance.
you could do ADR training, or get a transport manager cpc with one company, and it dosn’t count towards the dcpc. but it would do with another training company.

It is a simple answer really.

If the ‘training provider’ (the people that administered the NVQ) have what they did registered with JAUPT and approved for DCPC then yes it counts. if they didn’t then no it doesn’t and no amount of contacting anyone will change that.

It is highly unlikely they did because NVQ is not normally training - it is normally assessment, which doesn’t count towards DCPC.

There is an easy check. Go to Check your Driver CPC periodic training hours - GOV.UK . Register on there and within 10 days or so you will have access to your DCPC training records. If no DCPC training has been registered against your licence - you won’t be able to register.

Pete