Newbie cpc question

hello all.
I was just wondering, and couldn’t fond the answer online…
for new drivers (and maybe people who have had there license a few years)… if you pass both your cat-c and all the necessary cpc, your cpc then lasts for 5 years… if after 5 years you let it run out before doing 35 hours training do you have to redo the test parts of it again or just do another 35 hours training whenever… ?
for example, pass cat c and cpc… then not use any of it for say 10 years, just then redo 35 hours training?

cheers

jmac80:
hello all.
I was just wondering, and couldn’t fond the answer online…
for new drivers (and maybe people who have had there license a few years)… if you pass both your cat-c and all the necessary cpc, your cpc then lasts for 5 years… if after 5 years you let it run out before doing 35 hours training do you have to redo the test parts of it again or just do another 35 hours training whenever… ?
for example, pass cat c and cpc… then not use any of it for say 10 years, just then redo 35 hours training?

cheers

If after 5 years you have not completed 35 hours DCPC training you would lose entitlement to drive an LGV vehicle commercially until you’d completed the 35 hours DCPC training.

No further test is required :wink:

ah cool… that ain’t quite as bad then :smiley:

that ain’t quite as bad then

…unless you’ve just been offered a crackin job but you cant take it cos you’ve got to do 35 hours cpc first.

Best advice is to keep it up to date IMO.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

yeah sure, i will keep it up to date, but you never know what life throws at you :slight_smile: