Newbie Class 2 .Any tips on getting work?

Hi everyone,just passed my Cat C ,got a digicard and now looking for a start.I’ve been to a local agency and they say they can get me some days with a local supermarket RDC.Sounds good so far except shift start times are a)2:00 am b) 13:00 which means wife will never see me as she works normal hours ! Is this what i can expect or does anyone think there might be some chance of day work anywhere ? Dont mind 5 or 6am start so long as I can have some home life occasionally.Am I being VERY naive ?

there are jobs out there to suit but to start you need to take the times offered get yourself noticed and when you do a good job people notice , then as your name goes up the agency list as a reliable driver you can start to pick n choose , go into anywhere that has lorries and ask if any jobs going , make up a cv hand it over and keep at em , eventually you will be lucky and your dream job will just fall in your lap :wink:

its not easy and you only have to scroll the posts on here to see that, but a lot of us are lucky eventually you just have to be patient ,

good luck with the job hunt , it may be that the agency only have those starts this week next week other stuff may be available its all a lucky dip when you start

all the best

jenx

The trouble is that when you are new, you get offered all the ■■■ that nobody else wants.

If you work hard enough and get your cv’s out there you will receive the call you have been waiting for , I have sent so many god knows how much i have spent on stamps :laughing: but its all been worth it for example it might be quiet at first until you have enough cv’s out there then all of a sudden like the past 2 weeks i have been called and asked if i was still looking by around 6 company’s , I’m due to start on Monday but there is a spanner thrown into the works too many offers so i can weigh out whats best for me.

good luck

Thanks for taking the time to reply everyone , some good advice and encouragement there.Its good to know that I’m not alone .I take the point about accepting crappy work/start times to get my foot in the door ,I feel better now.Will get to it with the cv etc and keep you posted on my progress .Thanks again. Andy,Driver46