Newbie C+E

Hello everyone. Newbie here :smiley:

Passed C+E and ADR + Tanks last week. Big thanks to Paul and everyone at mantra learning in Manchester. First time pass, but got 10 minors :neutral_face: Couldn’t stop left leg from shaking during reversing exercise and had a real battle with the gears! I just wish i had asked instructor have a go at doing a blind side reverse after the test to prepare for the real world.

Feels so good to look on job center and not have to look at the endless posts of class C chilled/ambient (3363/Brakes) work, as that was the only thing available Rochdale to me until now! :smiley:

I hope :open_mouth:

ZigZag

ZigZag:
Passed C+E and ADR + Tanks last week

CONGRATULATIONS ON PASSING C+E and ADR

Hiyyaaa zigzag & CONGRATULATIONS on passing your C+E & ADR, any jobs in mind ? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thank you :smiley:

Well i applied for Eddie Stobart online and was shocked to get a phone call from them next day :open_mouth: I got driver assessment with them end of next week. It’s a little bit far for me 40 mins drive, but if i was given the job i would be happy to relocate if i find the distance too difficult. Just very great full that such a big company gives newbies a chance :smiley:

I applied for DHL/Tk maxx near me and NFT but so far haven’t had reply to my CV. I really hate this 2 year rule! I been driving class C for 6 years but it counts for nothing! :imp:

great news zigzag things seem to moving for you now, good luck with the assesment end of next week, let us know how you got on. :smiley:

[/

welcome to trucknet

and a big

WELL DONE

on passing

congratulations mate,feels great doesn’t it? good luck with the job search :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone

Just sent off CV to Manpower for Royal mail work too. Will let you know how everything develops :smiley:

Well done Zigzag. I hope the name does not reflect your driving: side to side! It is quite an achievement to get through your class 1. Now finding a good job starts. May I recommend you jazz your CV up so it is geared up towards as much driving experience as possible? Driving job vacancies have picked up recently. Get your CV out to as many agencies and potential employers as possible. It’s a bit of a numbers game. The more you put in the more you will get back. I am guessing your ADR comes with tanks? Having ADR will give you more options. Was the ADR Driver CPC approved as this can save you money in the long run? I have heard Best Connections are a good agency to set up with.

Anyway. Well done again and good luck!

Rog’s job hunting tips

A read of
THIS POST may be useful - also
CV & Interview tips

First year experience as a newbie after passing CE (with pics)

Forum with some useful stuff and
Forum for questions on drivers hours

hgvlgvtraining:
Well done Zigzag. I hope the name does not reflect your driving: side to side!

Only when i’m reversing :smiley:

Actually i have a an appointment with the fairy job mother at Standguide training this week, forced sorry, set up for me by the jobcentre to jazz up my CV. Yes i did ADR + 1 extra day doing tanks but i missed out on it counting towards the CPC :frowning:

I have so far registered my details on the main DHL, Wincanton, worldwide sites but i think i’d be better just sending by post direct the each individual depot and address to there TM.

I’m a bit worried with the agencies as a newbie. I need like a full induction and a few days out with a driver :blush: Thats the reason why i’m trying to carefully select which agency to go with and what kind of work they have at present. Thought i would try night trunking until i’m more confident.

Thanks Semtex for that link. BRILLIANT read :smiley:

Welcome zigzag and congratulations on the passes good luck with the job search
jennie x

ps Tonka those fireworks look great :wink: