Newbie Atego 1022

Evening
If stumbled upon this forum whilst searching for info on our new Mercedes coach. It is based on 2007/8 Atego 1022.
I struggling to find answers on my normal coach driver forum so headed over here.
If a mod/member could advise me where best to post questions - it’s a big old forum so I didn’t want to get lost!
Thanks

I had one of these a few years ago. Post your question and I’ll see if I can help.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Evening Pete
Did you drive the same coach or just an Atego?

1.Well the first thing would be how noisy it is from inside the cab area on tickover. If I put the clutch in it reduces the noise by a considerable amount.

2.There is a control pad (on a lead) next to the drivers seat which I think is something to do with the suspension?

1. I’ve found a few forum posts with instructions on how to use the cruise - I’ve managed to set it but it is not very smooth. The engine tends to surge and the power off. It’s not that comfortable so I’ve not been using it. Is this expected or does it need a fix?

I’m sure there are more. I will post as I remember.

Thanks
Ian

1, Gear box shaft bearing or box it’s self going
2, Your right , press middle top button to turn on then green one to set to ride height
3, haven’t a clue

With the last one, I’ve found that issue on a few Atego’s. Used one from 2008 that had over 850,000Km on it and the cruise would do exactly as you described. Not sure if its a trend with the vehicle in general or just a quirk being unique to said truck.

Nothing more to add - I was too slow seeing this one!

Pleased you got the answers.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the replies.
I’ve posted another tech help question here : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142444
Thanks