Newbie asking for advice

Hello guys,

I am pretty much new here, but been searching through forum for a while. I want ask for an advice. I do have part-time job which I do not want to leave at the moment (with a quite flexible hours). But I need to boost my income a little bit. So idea is this: I have a C (made in 2006, never drive professionally, made approx. 10k miles with local circus back in the days) and I am considering to upgrade it to Class 1 (C+E) and start to search for part-time driving job or to drive 2-3 days in week for agency. Does this make any sense? It might probably sound stupid but as I am new in this I just don’t know what to expect, what is real and what is just non-sense. I spoke with some ‘advisor’ guy (probably from broker company) and he promised me almost everything almost paradise so I want to double check all the information. I live close to Gatwick airport and I can travel (having a car). What sort of money I can expect (as a newbie, from agency)? Can you maybe recommend me training centre in the area? Is it real to find driving part-time (class 1) just for mornings (can be early one, but finish 11-12 am). I would appreciate any advice or recommendation regarding my situation.

What hours do you do in your part time job ?
The reason I ask is because it will affect when you can work as a HGV driver.

As you only want 2/3 mornings a week I’m not sure it’s going to be worth spending money on getting a class 1 licence, you may get work for those hours but it can’t be guaranteed, it may pay you to stick to cat C for the time being, you could always upgrade to cat C+E when and if you can get the work hours you want.

I could be wrong but if you only want 2 or 3 days a week and only mornings you could find it hard to get regular work, most agencies will want more flexibility than you can give, and unless you can get regular work at the same place you can’t always be sure what time you’ll finish anyway.

I probably have described wrong. I want to drive either mornings (all week) or do 2-3 whole day drive jobs. My part time work is approx 28h/week, but I can reduce it (if necessary). At the moment is 12am-6pm. There is lots of flexibility. I can change it to 1pm-6pm or do just 2-3 whole days etc…