Newbie, any advise?

Hi everyone, newbie (ish) from Yorkshire,
being reading some great advise and tips ect .

just wondering if anyone can give me any pointers in driving a cement mixer?
being driving class 2 for approx 6 mths, curtain sider and present a bulk tipper but have applied for a cement mixer driver so wondering what to look out for what probs can you come across ect, i,ve heard they can become top heavy if the mix starts travelling up the drum? how do you combat this if you can?

any tips ect appreciated

thanks in advance

Welcome dle1uk :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry matey I’ve never driven a cement mixer :frowning:
But I do wonder what would happen if the cement inside it dried solid :open_mouth: :unamused: :slight_smile:

rog said.

( But I do wonder what would happen if the cement inside it dried solid ),

simple, you be sacked, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dle1uk:

being driving class 2 for approx 6 mths, curtain sider and present a bulk tipper but have applied for a cement mixer driver so wondering what to look out for what probs can you come across ect, i,ve heard they can become top heavy if the mix starts travelling up the drum? how do you combat this if you can?

any tips ect appreciated

thanks in advance

Have you read this month’s Truck and Driver?

There’s a very nice article about a young lass who drives one of these for a living (a 32 ton 8 wheeler Scania).

The story mentions some of the pitfalls involved in cement mixer driving. This should be a good starting point for anyone who wants to drive one of these things.

mekong:
simple, you be sacked, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There’s many a time I wish this would happen to me! :frowning:

ROG:
Welcome dle1uk :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

But I do wonder what would happen if the cement inside it dried solid :open_mouth: :unamused: :slight_smile:

That’s easy - just get busy with hammer and chisel! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dle1uk:

any tips ect appreciated

thanks in advance

Im sure that they will give you training mate - just show willing :slight_smile:

You don’t let it go off in the drum.

Mixer drivers always will empty the last of the load before leaving the site.

You will be going deep onto site, more so than a tipper does. A tippers load will often be loaded by machine onto dumper and taken where needed, a mixers load is generally taken to where it is required, even if they are pumping you still need to get in close to the action.

Can’t advise further though as I’ve never done it, but spend plenty of time on sites.