Newbie and wannabe

Hi everyone,

Recently joined the forum, been looking for a few weeks and recently plucked up the courage to join and post a few posts, great forum and those that I have chatted with seem a very friendly bunch.
Already have found out so much great info on here :smiley:

A little about me , recently been laid off from a job I hated for years, always wanted to get my lgv licence and the freedom of the open road, being laid off has finally give me the kick up the rear I have needed. Very excited about what the future holds :smiley:

Loving the training diaries that have been posted, lots of valuable info, must do my own when I get that far, so far I have booked my medical so first steps are moving along, seems a daunting journey but looking forward to the challenges it will bring.

Those that I have chatted with have made me feel very welcome and I’m sure I will chat to more of you in time.

Donna

Wannabeheretolearn:
Hi everyone,

Recently joined the forum, been looking for a few weeks and recently plucked up the courage to join and post a few posts, great forum and those that I have chatted with seem a very friendly bunch.
Already have found out so much great info on here :smiley:

A little about me , recently been laid off from a job I hated for years, always wanted to get my lgv licence and the freedom of the open road, being laid off has finally give me the kick up the rear I have needed. Very excited about what the future holds :smiley:

Loving the training diaries that have been posted, lots of valuable info, must do my own when I get that far, so far I have booked my medical so first steps are moving along, seems a daunting journey but looking forward to the challenges it will bring.

Those that I have chatted with have made me feel very welcome and I’m sure I will chat to more of you in time.

Donna

It’s been lovely talking to you over the last few days Donna, so welcome to the forum if I haven’t said it already :slight_smile:

It really does seem daunting, especially when you get out, stand beside the lorry, look up and say “wow I drive that!” it all seems very serious and in a way it is, but it’s never quite as scary as it seems to first be. Well done on getting your medical booked, it’s the first steps. I’m sure you’ve heard to stay away from brokers etc so make sure you make a quick post on here just to say who you are planning to book your training with and you’ll get a lot of people letting you know their opinion of them and no doubt will let you know if they are on the reputable list of schools.

Sam

Thanks Sam

Nearly got caught in the broker trap, close call , but lucky I found the forum before hand over any money. :smiley:

Welcome to the forum Donna. Good luck with all your future training. :slight_smile:

Best of luck with all your training lass :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone, like I have said before your all such a nice bunch of people on here, very friendly and supportive, :smiley:

Wannabeheretolearn:
Thanks everyone, like I have said before your all such a nice bunch of people on here, very friendly and supportive, :smiley:

we try our best and there are a lot of trainers on here too which help and some guys been doing the job years that learned the hard way and try and stop us from making the same mistakes :laughing: and of course everyone likes lorries so takes the boredom of our chat off our partners :wink: always see my hubbies eyes roll when I start to talk about anything lorry related lol

jenx

KiLty:
Best of luck with all your training lass :slight_smile:

KittyKat:
Welcome to the forum Donna. Good luck with all your future training. :slight_smile:

As above and welcome to the mad house Donna :grimacing:

No jokes about being in the club though :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Thanks for making me so welcome :smiley:

Hey Donna, welcome to the forum. I just wanted to say that at the beginning it seems like a long process but It goes very quick once you get started. Do yourself a big favour and start your training now. make sure your basic driving skills are up to scratch and lose those bad habits we can slip into,not crossing your hands, how to use box junctions,correct lanes and indicating, and any other stuff you can think of that doesn’t change when you move from a car to a truck. You should already know how to drive and that way your instructor is not wasting your time and money on the basics and is concentrating on teaching you how to drive a big truck.
all the best
Rich