Newbie after some help and info

Hey there ppl. Im.new to this site as im going to start my training hopefuly soon ive been looking at easy as hgv has anyone on this site used them? They seem to have a few good reviews as i cant afford to pay for it outright as have a lil one on the way. Any info would be greatful thank you :question:

I don’t know them so I’ll just give one small piece of advice. You say that you can’t afford to pay for the course outright and presumably are arranging finance. In the current economic situation it would be unwise to rely on finding work as a truck driver to pay this finance back as many drivers are struggling to find work at the mo. Other than that, good luck with it!

EDIT check this thread. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42062

Please have a read of this 1st

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44667

There are some recommended providers on there in all areas as you dont say where in the country you are then we cant really help ( as when went to the crystal ball shop they had sold out :laughing: :laughing: )

"If it look to good to be true then it probably is "

You would be better looking in your yellow pages to see what providers are in your area then going to visit them & ask them questions have a look at there vehicles talk to there staff see how you feel with them

Harry Monk:
I don’t know them so I’ll just give one small piece of advice. You say that you can’t afford to pay for the course outright and presumably are arranging finance. In the current economic situation it would be unwise to rely on finding work as a truck driver to pay this finance back as many drivers are struggling to find work at the mo. Other than that, good luck with it!

Harry I understand that they are a broker which I would stay away from

Unless you have a job offer already then it not worth it atm like Harry said in this economic climate you may struggle to find work as there are a lot of experienced drivers out there as well as newbies

But good luck

Hi Dan

I was about to sign up with Easy as HGV last september, but I changed my mind at the last minute, I felt really pressured by the hard sell the salesman was giving me over the phone, he kept calling me every day for around a week. In the end I decided to organize the medical through my own doctor (£50), bought the theory CD’s off Ebay (£40, I resold these for £20 on ebay though), then booked my own theory tests, in the meantime I contacted a DSA qualified instructor and sorted out my own training on a pay as you learn basis (£100 for a 2 hour session). My total outlay probally cost a little more than Easy as HGV would have charged, but I was really worried about paying all that money out straight away. I am really pleased in the way I did it. I don’t want to frighten you about them but its a massive financal commitment.

I have now passed and have gained a fulltime job.

Good Luck which ever way to you decide to do your training.

I’m sure they are a broker, in which case AVOID. Try around some of the training centres in your area, I’m sure you’ll be able to arrange finance through them.

Craig

Hey thanks for the info im in andover hampshire i have a job at tho mo but every since i was a kid ive wanted to drive for a living theres somthing about the open road thats calling me. The trouble i have is that easy as hgv dont seem that bad havnt seen any bad reviews and they do a finance were i guess you pay before you train which would be great for me. Hmmm maybe i should ring them and find out.

Dan

Dan_1986:
Hey thanks for the info im in andover hampshire i have a job at tho mo but every since i was a kid ive wanted to drive for a living theres somthing about the open road thats calling me. The trouble i have is that easy as hgv dont seem that bad havnt seen any bad reviews and they do a finance were i guess you pay before you train which would be great for me. Hmmm maybe i should ring them and find out.

Dan

Have you seen any good reviews :question: they are a broker which means they are really sales people who dont have any vehicles they will just find you a provider which you could do much easier & probably cheaper just because they have a deal means nothing

It might be best if you look at the jobs market where you live as there are a lot of new & experienced drivers out there looking for work as you have a job I would stay there save your money then pay for it yourself if you really want it

If you do decide that you are going to go with them & you have a prob please dont say we didnt warn you

Ok thank you for all your input im going to reserch more round my area and see what i find maybe it would be worth my while getting my provisional and my med done and theory then get the training done. hmmmm

animal:
Harry I understand that they are a broker which I would stay away from

Agreed. All the brokers do is to charge several hundred pounds to arrange training with a driving school in your area. You can find out what driving school they are likely to send you to for nothing on TruckNet and then phone them direct.

To the OP, please do not ■■■■■ your savings on LGV lessons thinking that you are buying a guaranteed income. You aren’t. You are buying a ticket to the dole queue.

hi Dan…have a read of the a word of thanks and caution thread on this forum…are you working at the minute■■?,if so dont bin it off…go one step at a time…medical…theory tests[one at a time]…apply for provisional etc…these can be paid for one at a time in relativley small amounts…ring round your local trainers…they are mostly having a lean time of it and you may be offered free assesment…gets you behind the wheel to see what its really like…avoid training agencies like the plague…your paying another persons wage on top of the trainers for selling the course…dont have the idea that there are loads of jobs out there,the jobcentre plus site gives this impression…one job can be advertised over and over by different agencies but there is still one job…your need to improve your situation because of arrival of nipper soon is to be applauded but to lumber yourself with finance may be a step too far at what will be a reet expensive time of life…have you access to a branch of royal bank of Dad…worth a try…my own branch is always busy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: …my own lad has not long passed his class c,he`s lucky to have no family to support at the minute but is finding it heavy going starting out…please be sure to see things as they are, not as you want them to be…you need to want to do this with a passion ,its not a quick ,easy fix to a well paid job…best of luck in the future whatever your decision and welcome to parenthood[that never ends!!!]…cheers,stu

Hi,

few words of advice.

Be in control. Go direct and save time, money and hastle.

Please Google my user name and visit the 1st sight listed under natural listings!

hgvlgvtraining

Hi,

few words of advice.

Be in control. Go direct and save time, money and hastle.

Please Google my user name and visit the 1st sight listed under natural listings!

hgvlgvtraining

Dan_1986:

Dan

if your happy to travel speak to a1 roadcraft there on outskirts of salisbury there nearest to you,i used to live in andover family still do.

void brokers like the plague belive me they are :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

read a post by blueovalcraig it will enlighten you please dont go that route on hear there is loads of info on reputable companies who will not rip you off listen to us please !!!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=66875
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63975
Jen x

also you may have seen jc coates driving around walworth and portway ind estates i think they do a lot of tidworth and ludgershalls sqaudie training

looking on yell.com these are only ones listed near andover hope it helps

K.T Truckers LGV Driver Training Touchwood, Wick Lane, Devizes, Wiltshire SN10 5DR 01380 730818

A1 Roadcraft The Livestock Market, Netherhampton Rd, Netherhampton, Salisbury, SP2 8RH 01722 442073

Bypass Driving Training Unit 2b, Deer Park Industrial Estate, Knowle Lane, Horton Heath, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO50 7DZ 023 8069 5956

looking on yell.com these are only ones listed near andover hope it helps

K.T Truckers LGV Driver Training Touchwood, Wick Lane, Devizes, Wiltshire SN10 5DR 01380 730818

A1 Roadcraft The Livestock Market, Netherhampton Rd, Netherhampton, Salisbury, SP2 8RH 01722 442073

Bypass Driving Training Unit 2b, Deer Park Industrial Estate, Knowle Lane, Horton Heath, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO50 7DZ 023 8069 5956

when i did mine i got a price for it from my local company then paid a bit off each week then did it any good company should let you do this