Newbie advise required

I used to park for free behind he big hotels in Llloret del Mar, it was just a dirty dust bowl, nobody touched the truck, i left a battery radio on in the cab and a small light on, so it looked like someone was in the cab.
A lot of drivers paid to park in the coach station up the road.
Now Zona France is not a good place to leave a truck, i have heard of cab break ins, i would park in the dock where there is big refinery, you get in there past a police gate, they never quiz you, as he reads the paper when i drive past, there is a truck stop with a garage, snack bar and cafe by the port in BARCELONA.
The sea is by some big wave breaker chunks of concrete that you climb over to have a swim.
The night life in the city is going all night, the buses run till late, it is a long walk, i had my bike then.

I’ve got myself a bike, my first weekend was with a lad called Ritchie, we parked at aire de maucomble heading towards Rouen, we used ritchies “where there’s a church, there’s a pub” tactic… It didn’t work…we walked for a few hours, found st saens where you can actually park…grr…cracking town centre and one bar in particular where the landlady cooks for the English drivers, the locals all make a fuss of you and I keep going back…but after that first time I got a push iron straight away…