Newbie 9 weeks into new job

Hi all just posting to share my limited experience
I started as a class 2 driver 1st September applied for job and got a start with no experience (and they waited as I had to give 4 weeks notice in my old job) anyway have been driving 7.5 18 & 26 flat and curtains, autos and manuals, delivering stainless and alloy.
Has been a steep learning curve but still smile to myself when all drops have been done and am going back to the yard. Am earning £20,000 rising to £20,600 after 12 weeks, 40.5 hrs a week and time and a half after 4.30 Mon to Thurs and 2.30 on Fri. I think I have pretty much landed on my feet with this job and am very likely to stick at it as I don’t fancy the likes of Brakes etc.
Hope this gives some encouragement to other newbies as there are still some good jobs out there

Well done

Sounds like a really good job ! congrates, do you ever have to stop out at night time ?

Glad you like it :smiley:
I made the jump in to general haulage 3 weeks ago from food delivery and I’m not going back to the stress and over working of day dropping

Yep, looks like you have done well pal! :smiley:

Not the same sort of money you might get in other jobs, but there’s a reason why they offer more! :laughing:

Best of luck mate!

Thanks chaps.
No nights out, have had a few long days though. Planners are a bit optimistic with the runs sometimes but we are allowed to swap it about if need be. Worst day so far was being in Horsham at 2:00 Friday afternoon and had to run back to Bristol the day the artic went over on the M4. Like I said though time and a half after 2:30 so was happy to run back at 50 [emoji6]

Well done mate, glad to see someone’s given you a start. Moneys not great but hours seem good and can only improve, its all about experience! :slight_smile: