Newbe going for first driving assement,what should i expect?

hello im yet another newby passed my class c two months ago and class c+e (drawbar) last month .
i used to jump at the chance to drive 7.5 tons when the oppertunity arose.
when i was given 3 months notice i took the chance and my saving’s to try and pass my class c and c+e which eventuly i managed.
i have been working for an agency for 2-3 days a week on class c .
I never had an assessment for the agency but now i have managed to get an interview but it encludes an essessment and tacho test.
what should i expect? will it be like my test all over again? :open_mouth: :confused: Ian.

As long as you can prove you can drive safely, aren’t a danger to others and you wont smash the truck up, you’ll be fine.

You’ll get a bit of reversing, probably onto a bay, or where they park their trucks when not in use. If you haven’t lied about your experience, you should get through it unscathed.

It’s not as strict as your test, so dont put un-needed pressure on yourself, just drive safely, be alert, and show you are confident.

Good Luck :smiley:

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome fess28 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

:smiley: :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley:

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
However, many newbies on this site have recently secured permanent full time employment :smiley:

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

fess28:
I never had an assessment for the agency but now i have managed to get an interview but it encludes an essessment and tacho test.
what should i expect? will it be like my test all over again?

Have they said it will include a driving assessment or is it just a tacho regs and highway code type assessment :question:
Have you done any ARTIC training yet as they act differently from W&Ds and at some point you will need to know as you might get an agency job driving one with no-one to show you how to :question:

hi rog thanks for that
its a tacho and driving assessment
it is in an artic but unfortunatly i have only had a really short go in one, i have uncoupled and coupled the trailer.
its so difficult to get anyone to give you a chance. i have been applying for everything i can find even started applying for 7.5 tonners recently.
I am looking at this assessment as just some more experance. :blush: :frowning:

fess28:
I am looking at this assessment as just some more experance

An excellent way to view it.

I would seriously consider some artic training, especially on reversing - your training school should have informed you that artics acted differently and recommended this to you when they said you would be taking C+E in a W&D :exclamation: - what did they tell you :question:

thats very good advise. i will have to look in to it. :bulb: :bulb:
buti have spent best part of £2500 thats encluding medical theory etc.
i not moaning one bit about spending it. the days i have worked driving the 17 tonners have made it worth while
But there has to be a cut off point where i need to earn some money before i can spend any more.