Newark Truckfest

This thread is titled Newark Truckfest and if you are not interested, why bother replying with stupid remarks. :astonished: This show is for drivers, their friends and families and many more attending because they want to. Hope you all enjoy the show and that we get lots of photo’s to show on here. Liz . :stuck_out_tongue: LTDUK

We will see you there :smiley:

if any of you guys want to say hello look for the M.D.R trucks might well be near the united truckers stand as one of ours is bringing their trailer up, oh and we are not a multi national company there are on 4 of us, the boss asked if we wanted to go, he’s paying so why not a cracking weekend away with the other halfs just having fun, best of luck to all going, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
pete

Well said Wildfire, we are also not a company, we are a club. :laughing: Also it is non profit making organisation. Liz

gogzy:

Ben9:

scanialady142:
SO!!!

Well if the bloke who runs the Truckfest events did half the advertising you have been doing his posts would have got taken down.

I really don’t think you can argue for a level playing field…it’s only fair.

the reason is because we know these people in person aswell as on here. plus the mods would have had their mits in here and sorted everything out. the fact is they havnt so everything is above board.

Basically right. They’re just a club, not a business looking to make money, so that’s fine. It would’ve been nice if they’d had the courtesy to ask, mind… :unamused:

Sorry Lucy, did not realise I had to ask permission to post about events. Maybe I looked under the wrong page, so if you could point me in the direction of these rules, I will look it up. :astonished: Liz

i’m gonna be there tomorow, any one else?

scanialady142:
Sorry Lucy, did not realise I had to ask permission to post about events. Maybe I looked under the wrong page, so if you could point me in the direction of these rules, I will look it up. :astonished: Liz

Come off it, Liz. You’re posting this stuff to advertise the fact your club will have a stand at the event and invite people to visit. We’re allowing that advertising because you are just a club, not a business looking to make a profit. I didn’t say anything about rules, if you’d broken those the posts would be pulled, I merely said it would have been nice if you’d had the courtesy to ask, is all. Most other people in a similar position and needing similar help do. You obviously don’t see a place for courtesy, therefore you don’t understand what I’m saying. A shame, but there we go. However, since courtesy hasn’t been extended there will come a point where things are seen to be getting out of hand - members are already commenting on the frequency of these adverts, after all - at which point we willl simply start merging future threads into an existing one for tidyness’s sake.

Thanks Lucy for your comments and after today, I will no longer be promoting our club on Trucknet. There are other means of contacting people who will be interested and we have met many new and old friends this weekend. The weather was great and we look forward to seeing more tomorrow. For those attending, please enjoy yourselves. :wink: Liz

Lucy:

scanialady142:

Come off it, Liz. You’re posting this stuff to advertise the fact your club will have a stand at the event and invite people to visit. We’re allowing that advertising because you are just a club, not a business looking to make a profit. I didn’t say anything about rules, if you’d broken those the posts would be pulled, I merely said it would have been nice if you’d had the courtesy to ask, is all. Most other people in a similar position and needing similar help do. You obviously don’t see a place for courtesy, therefore you don’t understand what I’m saying. A shame, but there we go. However, since courtesy hasn’t been extended there will come a point where things are seen to be getting out of hand - members are already commenting on the frequency of these adverts, after all - at which point we willl simply start merging future threads into an existing one for tidyness’s sake.

i am not too sure what this site is coming too, from the way i see it this is an open forum, now i can understand certain rules about advertisement for business reasons, but from where i am sat too it appears that there is conflict of presonalities between lucy and the lady truckers, i might be wrong but how things are read can put a twist on things!!
why would someone need permission to post if its not making anyone money??
to be honest there are a lot of posts on here that probably come very close to being racist, homophobic, and down right insightive but not very often things are said about them,
now this will probably get me banned for speaking out, but to be honest if people can’t take criticisum who cares.
site admin should not get involved with posts unless there is a legal implication that could be brought against the site owners or if offence is being committed in a post to other members.
there has to be certain control in society that is true, but when it verges towards totalitarian then society fights back!! (you can change society to forum if you like!!)
thats my rant for today let see what that brings back

as rog use to say hard hat is well and truely on lol