New Zealand

Considering a move to New Zealand have done a search on here and found some info just wondered if you all had any more I.E experince needed before i would be accepted best way of finding house job schools etc sorry if its been asked before .

I’ll be ■■■■■■ if you are moving overseas mate!! You will only be going away if there is a garner sized suitcase going in the plane hold!!

Biggest issue, is the right to live and Work in N.Z. if you got that, that’s half the battle… heaps of drivers jobs for drivers here in OZ, not sure about N.Z>

Dog, It is easy to get a job in NZ … not a lot will employ without meeting you however some are willing to offer employment to you with only a phone interview etc … the best bet is to go over to NZ on a tourist visa and get a job whilst there then come back do medicals etc and pack up and move over … Truckwit,i have tried as hard as poss to get a truck driving job over in Aus but with no luck, if you know of any give me a pm i would be very grateful.

We moved over to NZ 3 yrs ago,theres recession here too !!
If you come here with rose tinted glasses, stay in uk.
We have to work,pay tax and things are struggle here too,
BUT its the best thing we ever did, for us and our littleun.
I came over on for 3 weeks, had few interveiws set up by immigration agency on the south island, then came up to north island to see a mate, liked it, went round knocking on doors, got a job driving truck and trailer at nites, got it all sorted went back to uk, sorted everything there, came back and started work, missus came out mnth later.
Be VERY carefull what immigration agent you use, DO NOT use one based in UK, if your serious I can give u name and contact for one we used.
We went to a thing in Birmingham yrs ago, after we saw an article in the paper, was a JOKE!!! after interveiws, they wouldnt "represent"us, after I grilled them, they said we knew too much, they wanted 10k sterling to get a container out here, cost us 1500 sterling !! all they wanted to do was take the money and run, they get u work visa, which u can do yourself for about 80 quid, then they left you to it, no residency, etc. An english bloke and his family was sent back to uk about a year ago, as he had been on a work visa for about 9 yrs ! Truck driving here is same as everywhere else in the world, you work, you get paid as litlle as bosses can get away with ! I drove truck for 6 mnths just to get settled in and see whos who and whats what, then went driving diggers for couple of yrs, now Im a driving instructor and love it, good money and good hours.
Very few companies here work sat /sun, weekends are for families.
It is a great life, a struggle, and same ■■■■, tax, money,etc etc.I hated the U.K always have and always will, and I wont be going back.

hi john interesting post/reply…was offered a job working out of cc with a co called mcdowalls any feed back on them… due to sudden family death (father in law) it was decided not to move over,but both of us have had itchy feet since then looking to enquire bout getting over there…

Hiya Rob, I know of them.when I came over I had interveiws in CC and I did some door knocking on my own, and one of the doors was Macdowals, personally I wasnt impressed, I sat there for an hour, then a bloke came out from behind a screen and told me how busy hed been, I hadnt seen him answer fone or anything in that hour except read paper, and I know what tpt manager does, Ive been one ! filled out some paperwork ,references etc etc, then to be told, their ok for drivers but theyd keep me on file, but that didnt stop them ringing me at 11pm that nite as their Picton driver hadnt turned in :open_mouth:
The $ wasnt that good, and they do like the ks done.
Im a great one for first impressions and my first impression of them wasnt a a good one.
If I can help in anyway Rob let me know

[hi john thanks for getting back yeh he was over in glasgow doing intereiws etc…just wondering where to start etc …long you been over there for …working etc …

are mcdowalls still an accredited employer ? need to be to get drivers the work to residency visa as far as i know,although i thought i had heard they were no longer accredited.

I don`t know about them being accredited glenman, work to residency i ok way to go, but skills shortage list is better, I came as tpt manager.

but that wouldnt work just for a driver i assume, does going as a transport manager not need some form of qualifications ?

U.k cpc and references worked for me,plant/logistics manager was my 2nd job tho,drove truck/trailer on nights for 6 mnths, just to get feel for area and suss things out.
Critical skills shortages list(long term and short term) is where to look at, nurses,docs etc get residency before they leave U.K.I cant remember exactly whats on them,but it is def worth a look if theres anything that applys to you; as work to residency isnt that safe (IMO),like I said in earlier post English truck driver and his family living near us, got chucked out last year apparently heed been here for few yrs on work to residency,and powers that be decided he hadnt got it.I think one of his kids was born here too.
Our littleun was born here and hes got residency same as us,not because he was born here, we had to apply for him too.
But one thing I will repeat, use an immigration agent here, NOT one based in U.K.as you need someone here with insight and can get things done quickly and efficiently, not emailing immigration dept from U.K with time difference etc, agent here just picks up the fone and gets it done !!!
Sorry I can`t be alot of help as was 3yrs ago we did ours and things change and I forget things, but hope some of this helps.
John.

yes but the ordinary truck driver with no trade/qualifications wont qualify for anything,some people may think they could go and emigrate just because they drive trucks.

McDowalls are no longer accredited, we came out here with them and they lost their accreditation soon after, I was then promoted to manager and this helped to get residency. I am now driving for a logging company in Nelson, there are a few english and scottish drivers who just renew their work visas every 2 or 3 years but that will not lead to residency, the boss is trying to push our local MP into sorting something out so you never know… Drivers will probably not be put on the LTSSL as there are unemployed drivers here at the moment. You have to work hard here for your money and the cost of living isn’t cheap but we have no regrets and are enjoying life so much more than we did in the UK.
If you really want to live here, come out have a look around and speak to some employers (my boss would probably try to get you working) but dont use an Immigration advisor as must of them are worse than useless! and all they want is your money.

Hope you have some luck…