new zealand

Hi anyone got any info on trucking new zealand?
anyone been there and done it?
anyone considering it?
any help appreciated.
thanks
steve

mcswain14:
Hi anyone got any info on trucking new zealand?
anyone been there and done it?
anyone considering it?
any help appreciated.
thanks
steve

Steve, pm chosen.1, he lives and works in New Zealand as a lorry driver

Hey Roly,

Howz it goin mate, long time no speak.

Me and Steve have swopped msgs, but it certainly worth having a look at some other members on here, there is a couple of us here in NZ, I am up in the north of The North Island, but there is another guy down in The South Island worth speaking to, can’t remember his handle.More info you can get the better.

John

chosen.1:
Hey Roly,

Howz it goin mate, long time no speak.

Me and Steve have swopped msgs, but it certainly worth having a look at some other members on here, there is a couple of us here in NZ, I am up in the north of The North Island, but there is another guy down in The South Island worth speaking to, can’t remember his handle.More info you can get the better.

John

Everything is going well John, hope your family is still loving it out there? My mate loved those photos off your truck, can you get some more please mate?

Not sold the house yet, no sensible offers to date, will send you an e-mail, good luck to Steve

Bump!

Looking for info here as well.

Noticed on NZ immigration site Heavy Goods Driver is not on long term list :9

so far only scored 20 points

Try here…
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24811

SORRY ALL

WWW.NZ4U.CO.NZ

SORRY AGAIN

HOP THIS HELPS

filled in the online application and had this email in reply…

Thanks so much for completing our on-line application form — here are a few things that you should note.
We did have a trip planned to the UK in October to conduct interviews. It is company policy to interview the whole family face to face before we offer you our package. We believe this is a family decision and all the family coming to NZ have to be happy with the decision.
At present we have put our planned October trip to the UK on hold as New Zealand Immigration have recently made a change to their Accredited employer policy that affects HGV drivers.
They have changed the minimum salary from $45,000 to $50,000 for a 40 hour week - this means you have to earn $50k for 40 hours per week with an accredited employer before you can apply for your Work to Residency Visa (WTR). This is the visa you work on for 2 years before applying for Permanent residency. The 3 year work visa that you apply for from the UK remains unchanged and you are still able to get this as long as you have a job offer in NZ. it is just when you get to NZ and want to work towards your permanent residency that you need to earn $50k for 40 hours with an accredited employer.

We do have employers who offer this salary and are accredited but most of them are Petrol Tanker companies and there are conditions applied to this - for example it may take you 2-3 years to get to the required salary with one of our employers.
We wanted to wait and see how this change affects our current drivers and the employers we have in NZ before we made another recruitment trip to the UK.
Let me know if you have any questions around this as I realise this is a complicated subject!

think I’ll stay here!

There are loop holes in the system of immigration though.

The dairy industry here is booming. You can get visa’s relatively easy if you have any kind of farming experience. The shortage of labour over here is quite serious but the NZ government continues to shift the goal posts.

If you have money ($1,000,000), you’re in!

I posted on the british expat site about NZ4U and this was the reply…

If there is one agency to avoid it is NZ4U…we applied to them in the first instance paid up, 2500.00 GBP never got a job from them and could only get part of our money back!

Not to mention they are currently in deep sh** a problem with diesel mechanics they gave them duff info on migration and the company that hired NZ4U to take the mechanics on has ended up footing the bill…hence try another agency!

dodgy eh?

Hey Guys,

Look, I have said it before and I will say it again. Don’t waste your money on Any Immigration Companies, They are taking your money for old rope! Visa Applications are dead easy.

Jobs are a Dime a Dozen, if you are honestly good at what you do.

My advice is and has always been, come on over. Have a look around, if you like what see, go door knocking and I can almost garantee you will get a job offer.

3yrs ago, I arrived on a Sunday, job offer on Monday Morning, applied for my Visa, Tuesday, Had a Braw 4wk Holiday while they processed my Application, aint been back to UK!!

I know my way round Permits and Visa pretty well, if you are serious I can point you in the right directions.

chosen 1,might knock your door soon,getting down to booking holiday .trying to make up our mind to pop over november or march.good to see you are still happy in the land of the long white cloud :slight_smile: