NEW ZEALAND

We got our power and phones back yesterday. They promise another lot of snow at the weekend. I am living in Geraldine, where are you based?

I am living in Whangarei now, Driving a B-Train for United Carriers, Line-Haul to Auckland.

I know your company cause I spent 2yrs in Timaru and Fairlie working for Mcdowalls.Defo prefer it up North, I am a lot more settled than I was in Canterbury.

Did you guys pick up any Ex-Mcdowall drivers when they pulled the pin at Fairlie?

No we didn’t get any of the drivers. Barwoods and Temuka Transport took over the Fairlie & Pleasant Point shambles that was McDowalls. I hear they are getting out of livestock and sticking to what they do well…linehaul.

mcdowall’s are advertising in my local paper can you give me any info on what they like etc

hello chosen 1,just wondering how you’re getting on?read that you seem to like the north island better.im out on euro work again trying to save some money.got the wife talked round to going over to nz at least for a year when the last child leaves school this time next year.looking at going over after new year for 3 wks for a bit of a tour,let her see some places,and call on a few companies ive contacted.think youre maybe right,best being there to get a job,been asked by some companies when would i be in nz. wife is curious about cost of living etc but keen now to try nz,as long as we keep our home here for the year .anyway hope you and family are still doing well,be good to hear from you.

Glenman, you have a pm. :smiley: