New Zealand So Far

car transporter

Simon,
I know next to nothing about NZ transport so my question will no doubt be very vague. How do you think I would stand if I wanted to go over for a few months on a working holiday visa to do some driving and see the country? I have permanent residence in Canada now so would not be looking for a permanent move there, but I’m back in the UK at the moment for a few months until my work in Canada picks up after winter and I’m always up for a new adventure. Would NZ companies generally speaking be interested in someone just doing a few months work or do they only want long term drivers etc? Also what about harvest work, I’m presuming that will be around now or soon given that it is now your summer?

pervy,
guy who i worked with at hoyer, now works for ■■■■■■ from what ive heard hes loving it :slight_smile:

robinhood_1984:
Simon,
I know next to nothing about NZ transport so my question will no doubt be very vague. How do you think I would stand if I wanted to go over for a few months on a working holiday visa to do some driving and see the country? I have permanent residence in Canada now so would not be looking for a permanent move there, but I’m back in the UK at the moment for a few months until my work in Canada picks up after winter and I’m always up for a new adventure. Would NZ companies generally speaking be interested in someone just doing a few months work or do they only want long term drivers etc? Also what about harvest work, I’m presuming that will be around now or soon given that it is now your summer?

Most companies I know would rather take on an employee long term rather than short term.
Not sure about obtaining a working holiday visa or the restrictions on it.
I am sure that if you have a work visa it will be specific to one company only so that would rule out working for multiple companie
Not sure about harvest work. Plenty of orchards in the Hawkes Bay region. But I think you will find it difficult to find a driving job there as the trucks would have other work all year round thus the driver would be full time.
Be aware that there are plenty of local guys looking for work and we are still struggling our way out of the recession.

pervy simon:
Most companies I know would rather take on an employee long term rather than short term.
Not sure about obtaining a working holiday visa or the restrictions on it.
I am sure that if you have a work visa it will be specific to one company only so that would rule out working for multiple companie
Not sure about harvest work. Plenty of orchards in the Hawkes Bay region. But I think you will find it difficult to find a driving job there as the trucks would have other work all year round thus the driver would be full time.
Be aware that there are plenty of local guys looking for work and we are still struggling our way out of the recession.

From what I can make out, a working holiday visa (WHV) is not tied to an employer as its aimed at back packers who travel around the country and such like. So in theory at least I could just turn up in NZ with this and take temporary work any where, wether or not any one would take me on is another matter entirely of course.
Our very own “Duck” who started this thread is there on a WHV and by the looks of it has been offered numerous jobs easily enough, though the difference may be that he intends to stay with a company for a full year where as I only want a few months before returning to UK and then Canada.

as i said i am not sure about a working holiday visa, although there is another visa called a work visa and i do know that a work visa is specific to an employee.
working holiday visa has an age limit attached to it.

visabureau.com/newzealand/tr … aland.aspx

pervy simon:
as i said i am not sure about a working holiday visa, although there is another visa called a work visa and i do know that a work visa is specific to an employee.
working holiday visa has an age limit attached to it.

I think the WHV is issued for 12 months but restricts you for a certain length of time at each employer, 3 months perhaps, not sure as its designed for backpackers and the like and is not meant for people coming for a year or longer with the sole purpose of work. I believe you have to be 30 or under to obtain one, I’m 27 so thats alright for me.

all this talk about work, sounds like hard work. what are the women like?
do they spit?
do they swallow?
do they take it up the dirt box?

limeyphil:
do they spit?
do they swallow?

Here you go Phil, this should give you some insight in to the psyche of the local lasses…
nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic … d=10737380.

Duck:

limeyphil:
do they spit?
do they swallow?

Here you go Phil, this should give you some insight in to the psyche of the local lasses…
nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic … d=10737380.

my mind is made up. :laughing:

you would think by now it would just be called Zealand :open_mouth:

:smiley:

Darb:
you would think by now it would just be called Zealand :open_mouth:

:smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

immigration.govt.nz/migrant/ … efault.htm