New Years Eve.

So what ya doing for it.
Me…firstly round to my boy’s gaff to watch the 3 o clock Newcastle game, then home.
Then in past times the yearly routine was down the pub with mates, few games of pool,.later on meet up with the wives and girlfriends (not together at same time btw I mean each of us :laughing: ) then later into local club, job sorted. :sunglasses:
But thing is I got to the stage years ago, where I got to hating it, and I stopped going out on that day,.for a number of reasons.

You would invariably encounter these absolute ■■■■ balloons who were on their one and only annual night out of the year, :unamused: and who could not handle their drink,…As my mate always said ‘‘You can’t get to the bar for tee ■■■■ totallers’’ :imp:
Half of them were all over you, like you were their long lost mate,.wish you a happy new year,…(then ignore you for rest of the year until next time :unamused: ) the other half wanted to fight you.

Then as the night went on and people got more drink, some ex girlfriend or random bird would come and lock her lips around you, in a 'new year.s kiss :unamused: resulting in me falling out with the wife, after the old …
‘‘And how do you know HER exactly’’ routine . :unamused:

Then you’d maybe end up chinning some ■■■■ chancer who made a ott play for the wife.whilst he was ■■■■■■■■■■■■ hands everywhere. :smiling_imp:
Nah,.I really don’t need it.anymore.

So basically going out NYE is another activity on my ever increasing ‘‘Really CBA anymore’’ list. :smiley: …(A list that is increasing rapidly the older and less tolerant that I get. :laughing: )

So…
Staying in tonight,.but my 4 kids, their partners,.and their kids are coming round to ours.
The wife is the hostess putting on a buffet and drinks for everybody, which she is excellent at, (as with everything else she does) and all with Jools Holland on in the background. :sunglasses:

Relaxed evening with family, no.d/heads to contend with, no.arguing, job sorted…what’s not to like. :sunglasses:

Anybody else?

Me again!Im having a bottle of wine and gin.
Couldnt be doing with going to pubs and watching people get .Everyone else away this nye,except the two cats,Im wstching alfred hitchcock film from the box set.
Happy New Year!

Early to bed. Off to work in the morning.

Had a great night staying with friends in Roade. The only fly in the ointment was writing my car off on the way there at Kettering.

Ambition outweighing talent :smiley: :smiley: our lass told me to grow up and stop giggling as I reversed it out of the hedge.

Had my usual Saturday night qouta,round the boozer.
Nothing extreme,was fishing the next day.