New Year Promises 2020

I am really really going to try and give up the cigarettes im smoking since i was 9 years old and am now just turned 61
Sometimes i think that Christmas is the only time of the year when time slows down and everyone gets to think about times past and times future, some might even say it’s the closest to time travel anyone will get to, all in the mind of course but what a powerful weapon it is

Gave up in October mate, good luck [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I got Bronchitus in January 2006, and then found myself off work following an accident.

It actually hurt to smoke during this period, so I “temporarily stopped”.
My missus joined me, as it wasn’t the right thing to do to puff away alongside someone already coughing their guts up.

Three weeks later, the “craving” finally ended, and the healing process started.

We’re both healthier chest-wise near 14 years on - and never looked back.

“Not spending on 2x25 a day habits” - saved us enough money off our monthly outgoings - that I was able to make the decision in 2010 to “take the money and run” rather than “stick with the job, because I’m too insecure to take a chance in the wider world”.

To suggest then that “giving up smoking - changed our lives for the better” - is an understatement then!

The hardest part of giving up smoking - is the “three week monster craving” period that lasts about a week… Get past THAT - and it’s plain sailing from then on.
Even easier these days - as you’re less likely to come across your mates and other peer groups puffing away in your face - aren’t you? :slight_smile:

If you want motivation - work out how much you spend on cigs per week. Then work out how many hours you work to burn that up.

Thus if you stop at the very least you could work that many less hours.

Winseer:
I got Bronchitus in January 2006, and then found myself off work following an accident.

It actually hurt to smoke during this period, so I “temporarily stopped”.
My missus joined me, as it wasn’t the right thing to do to puff away alongside someone already coughing their guts up.

Three weeks later, the “craving” finally ended, and the healing process started.

We’re both healthier chest-wise near 14 years on - and never looked back.

“Not spending on 2x25 a day habits” - saved us enough money off our monthly outgoings - that I was able to make the decision in 2010 to “take the money and run” rather than “stick with the job, because I’m too insecure to take a chance in the wider world”.

To suggest then that “giving up smoking - changed our lives for the better” - is an understatement then!

The hardest part of giving up smoking - is the “three week monster craving” period that lasts about a week… Get past THAT - and it’s plain sailing from then on.
Even easier these days - as you’re less likely to come across your mates and other peer groups puffing away in your face - aren’t you? :slight_smile:

Same as,really bad chest infection ,stopped straight away,when you think you’re going to die that’s a real incentive.

Bigtruck3:
I am really really going to try and give up the cigarettes im smoking since i was 9 years old and am now just turned 61
Sometimes i think that Christmas is the only time of the year when time slows down and everyone gets to think about times past and times future, some might even say it’s the closest to time travel anyone will get to, all in the mind of course but what a powerful weapon it is

Oh dear oh dear more drivel