New year, new job (non agency)

Starting a new job (directly rather than through an agency) with an outfit based in Wilton. They have a mixture of low loaders, tautliners, 7.5 tonne flatbeds and HIAB trucks. One of my main jobs is going to be hauling ferry trailers in and out of Teesport for P&O Ferrymasters.

Are these types of trailer like a common or garden tautliner, or do you have to pay particular attention to things like TIR cords, sliding roofs or boards?

P&O have a bit of all sorts but it’ll be mainly tautliners and tilts I’d have thought.

Garbo2018:
Starting a new job (directly rather than through an agency) with an outfit based in Wilton. They have a mixture of low loaders, tautliners, 7.5 tonne flatbeds and HIAB trucks. One of my main jobs is going to be hauling ferry trailers in and out of Teesport for P&O Ferrymasters.

Are these types of trailer like a common or garden tautliner, or do you have to pay particular attention to things like TIR cords, sliding roofs or boards?

Make sure you do a good walk around check when you pick the trailer up. It your responsibility to make all is good. Tyres wheel nuts for rust around them, and the lights etc. Stick your head under the trailer were you can to make sure nothing is hanging off.
Also the load. Make sure that is safe and complies with our DVSA load security. If not and you get stop you will be done for it. Not Ferrymasters.
if your not sure ask someone.
Ferry trailers can be ok in one country, and so wrong in another.
You will have a mix to tautliners with fixed roof and sliding roofs. Yes they could have TIR Cords. Not sure if they still use Tilts now a days. If the do the will have side planks and side boards. You may have planked side in euro Tautliners on for Ferrymasters.

Cheers Welly

I used to pull trailers out of Teesport and learned to thouroghly check the trailers I was picking up. The shunters had a habit of pulling trailers off the boats and ripping off the lights and even shearing the bolts holding the bumpers on. I learned after I lifted one and was informed by another driver when he pulled up to me at the lights and said that I had sparks coming from trailer everytime I hit a bump. A lesson learned! Sometimes loads had moved for the same reason, carry plenty bulbs and maybe even some lenses too.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk