New XF's

Anyone seen one or got one coming?

SDM have just had their new one delivered. It looks a lot better in silver than the god awful orange launch colour.

Cracking pic dude. I wouldn’t turn one down, they’ve just never really floated my boat, my r500 with retarder spoiled me for life. :laughing:

Drove past one in France last week and I am saddened to say it sounded rough,I mean really rough and that surprised me.Could not believe what it sounded like, took me back 30 years.I
was told it might be due to Euro 6 but I am sure others might have a better opinion.

Would have got a better pic but i was in a rush and the chap was loading his gear so didn’t want to disturb him.

nickyboy:
Anyone seen one or got one coming?

SDM have just had their new one delivered. It looks a lot better in silver than the god awful orange launch colour.

Oranje FTW!

seen a few coming over woodhead and even got to have a look in one while loading at the leyland factory and to be honest its pretty much the same as the one im driving at the mo when are they gonna do a real refit of that dated interior :smiling_imp:

Yeah ive seen a few out and about theres a really nice blue example kicking about some where im sure its one of hathaways but dont qupte me on that i could be wrong its a few week since i seen it just forgot to mention it

Armagedon:
Drove past one in France last week and I am saddened to say it sounded rough,I mean really rough and that surprised me.Could not believe what it sounded like, took me back 30 years.I
was told it might be due to Euro 6 but I am sure others might have a better opinion.

Are they Euro 6 already? I thought that wasn’t going to be in until Jan2014. I like the look of them & was looking round the new XF at the Cornwall show last week but the staff on the stand weren’t interested so didn’t get any further than loking round the outside.

BB

They look well from the outside, I know what you mean about the interior though, it’s passable but like I say, the only truck interior I’ve experienced where I’ve thought this is actually quite nice has been a newish Scania. I haven’t sat in the new Merc or Volvo & to be fair I’m only going off pictures of the new rusty bumper interior. Have they sorted the crap stereo out?

Saw one yesterday on the A37 in the launch colours without a trailer. Trade plates too. Didn’t look bad. :slight_smile:

I like the white one better as a 6x2 option, didn’t I read on here they wer’nt going to make the new daf on a 6x2 format but apparently downtons have one as a 6x2. :neutral_face:

Conway Bailey have had 1 for quite a while, its on a 12 plate. Looks ok but very similar to the old shape they got.

tootman318:
Conway Bailey have had 1 for quite a while, its on a 12 plate. Looks ok but very similar to the old shape they got.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it :wink:
Having said that, the only XF I’ve been in is the original on an R plate I think it was…
Sat in the new one at Truckfest and its still DAF like inside…
But I do like the new Volvo FH though, inside and out… :sunglasses:

Silver_Surfer:
They look well from the outside, I know what you mean about the interior though, it’s passable but like I say, the only truck interior I’ve experienced where I’ve thought this is actually quite nice has been a newish Scania. I haven’t sat in the new Merc or Volvo & to be fair I’m only going off pictures of the new rusty bumper interior. Have they sorted the crap stereo out?

you think the radio/sound system is crap then? That’s funny because I actually think it’s one of the best in the trucks I’ve had. The DAF XF I had,had 2 tweeter speekers one either side of the dash, 2 door panel speakers and 2 10 inch speakers under the bed as standard that sounded like a big subwoofer with the bed down. I prefer the sound system in the DAF XF to what is in the Merc and Volvos TBH.

Well, I’m talking about the cf here. The head unit is naf anyway whatever about the speakers.

Silver_Surfer:
Well, I’m talking about the cf here. The head unit is naf anyway whatever about the speakers.

I don’t think there’s a decent head unit in any truck is there?

jessicas dad:
I like the white one better as a 6x2 option, didn’t I read on here they wer’nt going to make the new daf on a 6x2 format but apparently downtons have one as a 6x2. :neutral_face:

there will be a 6x2 ,the initial rollout is the 4x2 ,and the rest will follow in stages

Basilbrush:

Armagedon:

Are they Euro 6 already? I thought that wasn’t going to be in until Jan2014. I like the look of them & was looking round the new XF at the Cornwall show last week but the staff on the stand weren’t interested so didn’t get any further than loking round the outside.

BB

I was there on Thursday and Daf only gave me a couple of pens. Tightwads

The original head unit in the Scania ain’t too bad, still swapped it out for a blaupunkt though. I take your point about head units in most units being crap.

Great truck, test drove it in Eindhoven last week. Interior is much better, dash info good and the euro 6 motor felt it had a bit more grunt to the euro 5, sounded better.