New wheels

I have a new truck and believe it or not my darling wife can’t tell the difference between this Cascadia and the Columbia :question: :question: :question:

New.

Old :question:

She married you Pat, so good eyesight can never have been a strong point :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I hope you enjoy your new motor, apart from creature comforts, is it improved in any other way? Same driveline as the Columbia?

Where’s the exhaust Pat ? underneath just like a good old UK lorry ?
Oh, and it’s pronounced ’ CASADIA’ :laughing: :wink: :wink:

Charles

It’s got a Detroit under the hood, same 66mph limited speed but pulls like a train loaded. The downfall is that damm DEF stuff. Amazing sleeper section, 6 cabinets, 6 power outlets, seperate sleeper heating system and more lights inside than i can count on 2 hands. It is also very quiet and very smooth.
The exhaust is underheath as you say Charles.

Ugly ■■■■■■ that thing is Pat no offence like Chap but it really is a munter…

I have a new truck and believe it or not my darling wife can’t tell the difference between this Cascadia and the Columbia.

You can’t be to hard on your mrs they are both red :laughing:

fly sheet:
Ugly [zb] that thing is Pat no offence like Chap but it really is a munter…

I totally agree mate … but then all US built trucks are ■■■■ ugly, they can’t build trucks, cars or even trains.

The trucks are riddiculous bohemoths that are so un economical, un manouverable and ride like they have no suspension, they are about 15 years behind Europe in design and even this new one has a crash gear box :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
The cars are so cheap and crappy with half the fuel economy of European ones, even though Ford and GM are American companies the cars they make here are technologically behind Britain and Europe.
Ford have just recently released the Fiesta, but ton the 2 door sporty models and the Focus was basically the same 1998 model untill this year and they are only 4 door versions, nothing cool. I heard an interview on BBC with Fords head designer who said she drove a Mondeo because it was the best car Ford made, she lives in Detriot and had to have one imported from Europe because Ford don’t sell them here. Ford Transit is the worlds most common comercial vehicle but you can’t get one here.
Oh … and the trains are about 30 yeard behind in design, the ‘Acella’ high speed train is French designed and built.

Never mind Pat at least its new & does the job, looks are’nt everything as My Wife often reminds Me…

Trucks unmaneuverable Pat, why that’s why they have a truckers song that goes “Give me forty acres and i’ll turn this rig around” :laughing:
As for a rough ride you should try my little day cab casadia, shorter wheelbase and i think the air bags on the drive axles are solid rubber and the front axle has dump truck springs :cry:

Just give it a while and you’ll grow to love it just like youre old one :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :wink:

Charles

Pat Hasler:

fly sheet:

I totally agree mate … but then all US built trucks are ■■■■ ugly, they can’t build trucks, cars or even trains.

The trucks are riddiculous bohemoths that are so un economical, un manouverable and ride like they have no suspension, they are about 15 years behind Europe in design and even this new one has a crash gear box :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
The cars are so cheap and crappy with half the fuel economy of European ones, even though Ford and GM are American companies the cars they make here are technologically behind Britain and Europe.
Ford have just recently released the Fiesta, but ton the 2 door sporty models and the Focus was basically the same 1998 model untill this year and they are only 4 door versions, nothing cool. I heard an interview on BBC with Fords head designer who said she drove a Mondeo because it was the best car Ford made, she lives in Detriot and had to have one imported from Europe because Ford don’t sell them here. Ford Transit is the worlds most common comercial vehicle but you can’t get one here.
Oh … and the trains are about 30 yeard behind in design, the ‘Acella’ high speed train is French designed and built.

and don’t get me going about the bloody bacon!!! :laughing:

Pat Hasler:

fly sheet:

Totally agree with you there Pat, its a freight shaker that you have!
This new International Prostar I have is a real piece of junk, give me a D series Ford before this any day of the week lol.
If its got the new (world motor) as opposed to a series 60 let us know how it performs.
Have you seen photos of the new Actross? You wouldn’t believe the same company made both trucks, as you say worlds apart.

Two words chaps…Harley and Davidson :open_mouth:

Any nationality that would ride a heap of junk like that over a proper motorbike obviously has no idea on how to make anything with wheels decent :unamused:

Although I disagree with some of Pat’s comments, US trucks can be far more economical than Euro trucks and for the work I do my Pete is close to perfect, I don’t think a European truck could do its job as well as this one does, but I do agree about the gearbox thing, even though I’m pretty good with my 18spd it does make it harder than it needs to be sometimes, a 30min traffic jam gives me pins and needles in my left leg :unamused:

newmercman:
Two words chaps…Harley and Davidson :open_mouth:

Any nationality that would ride a heap of junk like that over a proper motorbike obviously has no idea on how to make anything with wheels decent :unamused:

Although I disagree with some of Pat’s comments, US trucks can be far more economical than Euro trucks and for the work I do my Pete is close to perfect, I don’t think a European truck could do its job as well as this one does, but I do agree about the gearbox thing, even though I’m pretty good with my 18spd it does make it harder than it needs to be sometimes, a 30min traffic jam gives me pins and needles in my left leg :unamused:

Hi Mark, I have yet to see a Harley Davidson that appeals to me. The riding position is so uncomfortable, and certainly does not help the handling capabilities. A friend of mine who has a Harley tells me he believes the riding position was based on the American horse riding style, which differs from the English style.
This International Pro Star is no better, an offset steering wheel or seat, which ever way you look at it is uncomfortable. It makes for an uncomfortable driving position, does little for your posture and certainly makes me more fatigued at the end of the day.
You would think there would be some kind of safety standard such as construction and use regulations to promote a safe and healthy driving position. Some of the day cabs are so short , anyone over 5’10" will struggle to get in to one let alone sit up straight.
The whole transport scene here is antiquated ffs, but what would us Brit’s, or any other European know!

Regards Paul

…whinging poms…?

harry:
…whinging poms…?

Tut tut Harry, we’re Limeys :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: unforgivable mistake on my part. One sugar or two before you go down the Yellowknife Highway? & look out for the bisons!

But most of the americans seem to think we are aussies!
Have been on the acela a few times and its no faster than the Metro North but 5 times the price!
You can now get the turkish built Transit Connect here but with only the 4 pot 2 litre engine. They are being haled as the new NYC yellow cab saw one the other day.

Jarvy:
But most of the americans seem to think we are aussies!

Glad its not just me that gets that!

I was once talking to a driver from Wisconsin who upon hearing my accent later confided in me that he loved my country on a visit there with the US navy back in the late 60s and that he wish he’d have stayed. I was quite puzzled at why he’d want to stay in England but kept my mouth shut, only for him then to exclaim what a wonderful country New Zealand was :exclamation: :exclamation:
When I pointed out that I was actually from England he got flustered and ranted on about it all being the same Queen. I told him the Queen has nothing to do with it and Canadians have the same Queen but they sound like he does…that went down well…not :exclamation: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Getting back to the subject…
I have had this truck for over a week now and have just about figures it out. Monday a light came on on the dash signifying ‘DPF out press’ tuesday morning after it hadn’t gone out in 600 miles and two deliveries I got home at 05.00am and called in to report the malfunction, I had to have the truck at Detroit Diesel at 8.00am next day to fix, took them 4 hours and away I went, picked up a box van (very rare for me) out of Albany NY and delivered to a scabby hole in the Bronx, returned the van to Albany and got my tank back, headed south to NYC and the sodding light came on again. I sat reading the DEF system instructions and refering to the light it said not to report the light unless it stays on after 3 drive cycles,(loaded at highway speeds for over an hour, thursday morning I loaded for Bordentown NJ and spent an hour snoozing before leaving and the DEF system set off on it’s own taking the revs to 1200 for 10 minutes. I set out to deliver and stopped after an hour to get coffee, when I restarted the light went out, so it just needed to regenerate and all was well.
I now love this truck, the cab layout reminds me of the FH12 I used in 1994 :laughing:
It has a huge sleeper with starage cabinets and I now actually have to walk from the drivers seat to the bed :laughing: It pulls like a train, has a 450 Detroit under the hood, it’s the most European (American made) truck I have had here.

Pat Hasler:
Getting back to the subject…
I have had this truck for over a week now and have just about figures it out. Monday a light came on on the dash signifying ‘DPF out press’ tuesday morning after it hadn’t gone out in 600 miles and two deliveries I got home at 05.00am and called in to report the malfunction, I had to have the truck at Detroit Diesel at 8.00am next day to fix, took them 4 hours and away I went, picked up a box van (very rare for me) out of Albany NY and delivered to a scabby hole in the Bronx, returned the van to Albany and got my tank back, headed south to NYC and the sodding light came on again. I sat reading the DEF system instructions and refering to the light it said not to report the light unless it stays on after 3 drive cycles,(loaded at highway speeds for over an hour, thursday morning I loaded for Bordentown NJ and spent an hour snoozing before leaving and the DEF system set off on it’s own taking the revs to 1200 for 10 minutes. I set out to deliver and stopped after an hour to get coffee, when I restarted the light went out, so it just needed to regenerate and all was well.
I now love this truck, the cab layout reminds me of the FH12 I used in 1994 :laughing:
It has a huge sleeper with starage cabinets and I now actually have to walk from the drivers seat to the bed :laughing: It pulls like a train, has a 450 Detroit under the hood, it’s the most European (American made) truck I have had here.

Shame the blokes in the shop couldn’t have read the book!