New, wannabe and on training driver

Well done on the pass.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley:

Tomsy:
Yeah passed my test today !!

My Instructor said he will get me a job, will hang on to that as it’s great.

Pleased to hear that! Well done!

Thanks guys !

I’ve been to see that job and had an interview. The company is called Long Lane Deliveries and he said he can get me a start if my insurance goes thru.

I’ve been told I would start from night shifts, multidrop(I presume) with handballing on class 1 with not that much per hour really 8.55

And guys

Should I wait for my licence and tacho before starting to look for a job?

No harm in looking but any potential employer is going to want to see those

Tomsy:
Thanks guys !

I’ve been to see that job and had an interview. The company is called Long Lane Deliveries and he said he can get me a start if my insurance goes thru.

I’ve been told I would start from night shifts, multidrop(I presume) with handballing on class 1 with not that much per hour really 8.55

And guys

If it helps, I’m doing class 2 multi drop on class 1 pay (CE licence holder) and earn around the same per hour.

And yes as has been pointed out most employers will want to see both licence and tacho so probably best to wait for their arrival.

Greeny3:

Tomsy:
Thanks guys !

And guys

If it helps, I’m doing class 2 multi drop on class 1 pay (CE licence holder) and earn around the same per hour.

And yes as has been pointed out most employers will want to see both licence and tacho so probably best to wait for their arrival.

Thanks for the heads up, I think I’ll wait for it to arrive. Been to an agency couple days ago, they said they are very busy and they are all ex-drivers. Jark is the company name.

Probably will start knocking on doors as well and see if someone can give me a chance in Bellshill, probably will have to make really good motivation letter as I don’t really have any experience as a driver apart from delivering pizza’s lol

Tomsy:

Greeny3:

Tomsy:
Thanks guys !

And guys

Thanks for the heads up, I think I’ll wait for it to arrive. Been to an agency couple days ago, they said they are very busy and they are all ex-drivers. Jark is the company name.

Probably will start knocking on doors as well and see if someone can give me a chance in Bellshill, probably will have to make really good motivation letter as I don’t really have any experience as a driver apart from delivering pizza’s lol

If you could give me an idea of good companies to try around Bellshill that would be appreciated. We want to move to Wemyss Bay and I figure I’m gonna have to travel to find the work!

If you’ve got one up there, I registered with Driver Hire and they were on the phone a week or so later with work - never did find out what mind you as I was starting the new job the following Monday.

There is quite a lot of them down there and many brand companies

I don’t think I’ll start looking until next month anyway, still in my old job and I’m going for a holiday on 7th for 10 days so I don’t really see any point in getting somewhere as no one would wait that long.

It’s quite far from Wemyss Bay anyway aint it?

Tomsy:

I don’t think I’ll start looking until next month anyway, still in my old job and I’m going for a holiday on 7th for 10 days so I don’t really see any point in getting somewhere as no one would wait that long.

I’m preparing myself to have to travel to be honest. There are most likely places closer (Greenock, Paisley etc) but if something turns up further out then the need to keep a roof over my wife and sons head will take priority over distance :slight_smile:

Greeny3:

Tomsy:

I’m preparing myself to have to travel to be honest. There are most likely places closer (Greenock, Paisley etc) but if something turns up further out then the need to keep a roof over my wife and sons head will take priority over distance :slight_smile:

Sure thing, ill let you know if I’ll know anything. What kind of experience do you have so I know what to quote?

Tomsy:

Greeny3:

Tomsy:

Sure thing, ill let you know if I’ll know anything. What kind of experience do you have so I know what to quote?

Acquired my C in January and my CE in April. Been doing pallet multi drop work for just over 4 weeks now but have been driving professionally for 6 years having come off the buses.

Good luck in your search too!

Thanks m8, its needed lol